Park Plaza Hospital

www.parkplazahospital.com
  www.parkplazahospital.com
There are newer employer reviews for Park Plaza Hospital

It is a good place to work if you want a "job" but not good if you want a "career".

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Park Plaza Hospital

Pros

There is a sense of community: everyone knows eveyone.

Cons

-Lack of growth opportunies
-Favoritism, partiality, groupies
-Lack of recognition for hard work in some departments
-unexpected layoffs and staff reduction

Make sure that every department has individuals who work hard. Make sure that each department has an opportunity to recognize these individuals.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Park Plaza Hospital (View Most Recent)

The most backwards hospital I've ever encountered.

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Houston, TX

I have been working at Park Plaza Hospital

Pros

Small town charm, small staff means administration knows your name. Unfortunately, supplies are often unavailable, & they are very behind the times as far as technology...who still charts ON PAPER??

Cons

My management is almost non existent, but when they grace us with their presence, it is to reprimand or criticize. Rarely is interaction with management positive. Frequently denied a lunch break. Staffing is always tight.

Praise your staff. Recognize your superstars & consistent hard workers. You cannot march a hungry army...FEED YOUR STAFF! Be present...it's hard for any team to trust a leader who isn't present. Communicate, if you need an employee to stay late-TELL THEM. I've been a nurse for many years, in many institutions, nationwide...never have I felt less appreciated, respected, or less autonomous.

This hospital is cheap!

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Houston, TX

I have been working at Park Plaza Hospital

Pros

Little work, good hours, fair benefits package.

Cons

They cut back on everything here. Last month they took all the water coolers out of the hospital, and this place doesn't even have water fountains. If the work is slow here for just a minute they will start sending people home whether they like it or not. Overtime is absolutely out of the question.

Please do some work on this place. I know that it was biult in the 70's, but please update it at least a little. Stop being so cheap, making all these cut-backs is going to hurt you in the long run.

There are newer employer reviews for Park Plaza Hospital