Park West Gallery

www.artauctionsabroad.com

Art Auctioneer

Art Auctioneer (Current Employee)

ProsUnlike any job I ever thought I would take; in my year + with the company, I have learned at an accelerated rate, been taught by great auctioneers and been promoted at a rapid (but not hasty) rate. My background being in the arts, working for a gallery of this caliber and size has been absolutely humbling and very rewarding. I love my job, the travel, the diversity in our clientele and staff.

ConsA lot of people have had an issue adjusting to ship life... its not for everyone. If you like fast paced, are able to be independent and away from your family for long periods of time and get along well different types of people, you shouldn't have an issue.
This is not job for people looking to cruise and see the ports...be ready to work HARD, 7 days a week. This, to me, is not a con, but some people may find it to be an issue.

The only issue to me is untimely vacations, and issues with payment; the delay between paychecks can be an issue to me.

Advice to Senior ManagementI have had very good experiences with most of the upper management; sometimes they like to keep in control of things that don't have much effect on the company (in fact, that sometimes hinder the progress). Overall, 98% content with who I have dealt with.

Great place to work - family environment

I have been working at Park West Gallery full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Everyday is different... there is an energy about the place and its a fast moving environment.… Cons: Company policies can sometime be a little vague Vacation days are… Advice to Senior Management: It would be nice to have quartley updates of what is coming down the pipeline or… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place, amazing people!

I have been working at Park West Gallery full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: As a ten year employee of Park West Gallery, I can truly say it is a joy to not only be surrounded by amazing works… Cons: Most people who begin a career with Park West Gallery usually stay for a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Park West Gallery.

Worked for Park West Gallery? Contribute to the Community!