Parker Drilling
www.parkerdrilling.com Houston, TX 1000 to 5000 Employees

Parker used to be a good company.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlex time available. Payroll is knowledgeable. Legal has some good people. Help-desk is helpful. Compliance is watchful. Safety is a priority.

ConsStock price has not risen in years, everything senior management has tried seems to go south, raises and bonuses promised but not delivered in 2-3 years, starting salaries low. There seems to be a "If you don't like it, then leave mentality." Slim-to-no chance of promotion and no career path available.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote from within instead of constantly bringing in new people. Chart out career paths and encourage everyone to educate themselves. Stop rewarding upper management for its inept decisions. Deliver on your promises or more good people will leave.

Great job opportunities with chance to get ahead

Attorney (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

I have been working at Parker Drilling full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Parker Drilling has a long history, but it feels like a place where even new employees can help to make a big difference in… Cons: Not as many corporate events as I would like where employees can… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

great start out job

I have been working at Parker Drilling full-time for more than a year

Pros: they have very good cooking Cons: it is a low paying company Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Parker Drilling.

Worked for Parker Drilling? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Parker Drilling reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Parker Drilling CEO Gary Rich. All reviews posted anonymously by Parker Drilling employees.