Hell on Earth !

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gardena, CA

Pros

Good people (not management). Good Benefits.

Cons

Middle Management lacks the education to perform daily duties. Upper and middle management never want to deal with the root cause of the problems they just want to put a band-aid over them and blame the hard working HOURLY employees! When managers disagree they act like children and start pointing fingers towards each other. There is absolutely no communication between employees and supervisors. If you want to have a good day at work you have to kiss your supervisors "rear end". HR needs to be replaced, they have no idea how to communicate with people.

Advice to Management

If you have a question, ask the employees who do the actual work, not their supervisors who have no clue about what their employees do. Stop having so many meetings, so we can get our work done. All of those meetings are a waist of time because everyone agrees to get along and work towards a common goal in the meetings but once we get back to our desks everything falls apart and no one does what they said they were going to do.

Other Employee Reviews for Parker Hannifin

Parker is like a faternal brotherhood with access levels.

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

Pros

Some freedom to do my job in the way I prefer.

Cons

Too many arrogant superstars reaching for the top!

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Empowerment is more than a word printed on company propaganda.

Its like working in the transition days of the 20th Century Motor Company... A profound idea meets its fate...

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Romeo, MI
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Romeo, MI

Pros

The environment provides MANY opportunities for you to learn on your own. A sort of un-structured environment that tends towards letting you try out an idea, within reason... Direct engineering management is some of the best I've ever experienced...

Cons

Senior management consistently repeats poor decision practices; allowing uninformed opinions to guide organization units to unhealthy and unproductive regions of performance. A trend towards minimal communication about major decisions gives the constant perception that your situation could change at a whim; be it projects or locations... With the added note of keeping their cards close to their chest, as it were...

Advice to Management

This organization has a powerful market position and the general atmosphere of people who work on these projects is excitement that we are fortunate enough to have a company that recognizes the potential of a great idea, and has decided to run with it... I'll offer a grain of salt that there is a change taking place within this HDS division of Parker Hannifin and no scenario chosen could possibly satisfy all parties... However, I would certainly suggest that Engineering (the honest and true core of a company who's slogans include, "Engineering your Success") be consulted, and provided a little more weight, in more course altering decisions for design and strategy.