There are newer employer reviews for Parker Hannifin

Oppressive

Current Employee - Contracts Specialist  in  Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Contracts Specialist in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Parker Hannifin full-time for more than a year

Pros

My coworkers are nice. The facility is pretty.

Cons

If I could describe the work environment at Parker in one word, it would be "oppressive". Recently, Parker began an initiative to train all employees on empowerment. The culture at Parker is the opposite of empowered. It is a culture of escalation. The solution to everything is to escalate to management. How about using lean tools and drilling down to the root cause of the issue and finding a permanent solution rather than micromanaging the employees and the issues?

Retire all the dinosaurs. The culture is never going to change until all the managers that have been in the exact same positions since the 80's move on. Parker still runs an a mainframe! Really? Give the employees some modern tools so that they can work smarter, not harder.

276 Other Employee Reviews for Parker Hannifin (View Most Recent)

Overall experience was slightly negative.

Former Employee - Assembly  in  Machesney Park, Winnebago, IL
    Former Employee - Assembly in Machesney Park, Winnebago, IL

I worked at Parker Hannifin

Pros

Competitive compensation and good benefits including paid vacations, paid holidays, health insurance, 100% matched 401K. Other perks include loan options on certain products and incentives for healthy living.

Cons

Long work hours including over-time on Saturdays. Reduced and eliminated break periods. Noisy and dirty work environment. Lack of respect from middle management and supervision.

Communicate with employees effectively and with respect. Allow employees to have a sufficient number of break periods. Recognize employees for hard work and attendence.

Parker is like a faternal brotherhood with access levels.

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager  in  Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in Mayfield Heights, Cuyahoga, OH

I have been working at Parker Hannifin

Pros

Some freedom to do my job in the way I prefer.

Cons

Too many arrogant superstars reaching for the top!

Practice what you preach. Empowerment is more than a word printed on company propaganda.

There are newer employer reviews for Parker Hannifin

Worked for Parker Hannifin? Contribute to the Community!