Parker Hannifin

www.parker.com
There are newer employer reviews for Parker Hannifin

Don't work here unless you like low pay, long hours and not being appreciated

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Parker Hannifin full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Minimal.
Some training but only benefiting Parker.
401k match.

Cons

As with the other Parker MSD reviews and Anaheim in particular, all previous reviews are accurate- this is not a desirable place to work, in any department at any level. The management is fanatical about every metric known to man, and to a fault constantly lives by a 30 day focus - that is to make the numbers at any cost rule. Including forced vacations, up and down overtime (depending entirely on the company needs), begging/forcing customers to take products, and whatever it takes. Management cares little about people and customers, other than how much work/sales can they squeeze out with the least pay/cost possible. Everything is driven by an obsession with lean and earnings that only management benefits from, via an impossible to understand RONA bonus payout. This is the most internally focused company I've ever worked for. Quality is a joke and innovation is a myth. Management by intimidation and brute force is the norm, especially in Anahiem. If you like a 60's style work environment with bare minimum resources, undefined strategy and micro management, then this is the place for you.

Hire the talent needed, pay them well, and stop micro managing every detail at every level. Create a strategy and actually do it. Try investing in the business units, not letting them wither under the power of "and." Lastly get rid of some of the old school, and obvioulsy ineffective dead wood at the senior management level. There's a reason that most new hires (and customers) tend to leave this division after a year or two, and it's not them - it’s you!

319 Other Employee Reviews for Parker Hannifin (View Most Recent)

a living nightmare

Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Parker Hannifin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good pay, good job assignments

Cons

HR sucks, they only empower the bullys and the beer drinking buddies in management, they have no clue what is really going on in their own division. there are old timers who sit on their butts all day,getting fatter and doing nothing and blaming others for their screw ups.

clean house, get rid of HR, clean out the alcoholics and the bullys then maybe you can keep technicians.

Anaheim, CA Unit - Far from perfect, continuously struggling and extremely mis-managed.

Current Employee - Full Time Employee in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Full Time Employee in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at Parker Hannifin full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good Pay
    Great people at lower level to work with
    Fair exposure to multitude of products to learn about
    Strong brand name to build resume

Cons

Extremely poor management - One plant manager is power crazy and want to control everything and make every decision by himself. Horrible micro-manager. does not want to delegate nor accept responsibility. Would always be found complaining about employees not doing their jobs.

Quality manager has extremely limited experience in working with Medical Device Companies. Quality system is a joke and controlled documents, sop's are poorly written.

ERP system is archaic, people spend more time baby-sitting the incapable system than actually get meaningful work done.

Many parasites, good-for-nothing office staff including some high level managers who does not contribute much towards improving company's situation. Half of the office staff is gone at 4 everyday.

Extremely people dependent work culture, with negligible knowledge bank. Extreme scarcity of systems, procedures and guidelines frequently results in accidents, damages, delays, poor yield and reduced overall efficiency. Everytime an employee leaves the company, the work flow literally collapses.

company is practically surviving on hard work of experienced lower level staff, still zero recognition, negligible motivation and tons of work load.

My experience of working here for about two years,

1. Orientation upon joining - NONE
    2. Interaction with manager upon joining - did not talk to the manager for almost three months.
    3. Interaction with manager during two years - negligible. I was never asked about how am I doing, what are my problems and do i need any training/resources to get the job done. Minimal interactions, whenever happened, was almost always be my manager complaining about people not doing their jobs and how they should be doing their jobs.
    3. Expectations upon joining - I was expected to know everything and solve every problems that was thrown at me. I should be able to manage projects, assign tasks to others whom I do not manage, Follow up with people I do not know and was never introduced to, be responsible for every accident, delay or mess-up related to my project even though it is someone didnt do the job right or simply because of the delay due to excessive workload in other departments.

Can go on and on,............may be I will update my review later and structure it better, but as of now,

Stay away from this company by all means...........

I noticed a couple of other reviews about this unit of Parker at Anaheim CA on Glassdoor dot com and I must say they are accurate.

Get rid of the entire management team and bring in experienced, motivated and well educated team to manage the company. Workers and Individual contributes are really good.

There are newer employer reviews for Parker Hannifin