There are newer employer reviews for Parker Hannifin

Strong team-work ethic with employee centric atmosphere

Current Contractor - Corporate Contract Recruiter in Mentor, OH
Current Contractor - Corporate Contract Recruiter in Mentor, OH

I have been working at Parker Hannifin as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Such a joy to work with bright, mature professionals that are constantly seeking ways to improve at all levels within the company. They have some good processes in place for staffing, on-boarding, overall employment troubleshooting issues and are open-minded to new ideas to improve an already strong work environment. In all departments, team-work is solid.

Cons

I'm not witnessing any negative issues; nothing comes to mind.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue to be open to new ideas coming from all fronts within this sharp organization.

Other Employee Reviews for Parker Hannifin

A waste of time & effort!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mayfield, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mayfield, OH

I worked at Parker Hannifin full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits are good, on-site clinic and periodic lunch-n-learns for the employees (you need to use your lunch hour to go but at least they provide a free lunch), the cafeteria offers a great variety of foods (healthy choices), the gym is superb but the classes are few and the times they are offered are not convenient.

Cons

Management just SUCKS (I appologize for the verbiage but I am in loss of words)! I completely wasted my time with this company; I was made to feel like a prisoner, underestimated, entering data into the systems and filing papers all day long! I was hired with different promises and perspectives than what I was assigned to do. It was a lie from the get go and unfortunately I wasn’t able to leave right away. I was in a state of depression for the first two weeks working there, realizing that I had left a great job with another large organization for a well-paid administrative position which did not require my BA or MBA degrees. HR bent the rules to get me on board and kept asking me to be patient and that their promises will be fulfilled in the near future. I just could not stand another day wasting my skills there. Words cannot seem to describe how I felt the months I worked there; it was by far the most miserable time of my professional and personal life. There is a lot of company politics going on as well, mainly men on the upper management positions, a few women are empowered to climb the corporate ladder, growth opportunities are scarce.

Advice to Management

No advice, I really do not care about this company enough to think of improvement ideas for management to look into. Maybe there is so much that needs to be improved upon?!

Not bad

Former Employee - Hose Assembly in Ravenna, OH
    Former Employee - Hose Assembly in Ravenna, OH

I worked at Parker Hannifin full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay for unskilled labor ample overtime

Cons

ample overtime and lack of work/life balance