good opportunity

Current Employee - Human Resources Intern  in  Kalamazoo, MI
Current Employee - Human Resources Intern in Kalamazoo, MI

I have been working at Parker Hannifin part-time for less than a year

Pros

structured, not as chaotic as most offices, good work life balance, good pay

Cons

still fairly new, but no cons I see as of now

Other Reviews for Parker Hannifin

Operations brought to the level of a Chinese fire drill

Former Employee - No Job Title Given  in  Anaheim, CA
    Former Employee - No Job Title Given in Anaheim, CA

I worked at Parker Hannifin full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

When allowed to do your job there is some enjoyment at this place. Back when Bill and HTG were here it was a very fun place to work, sometimes. When they started to grow the business and they hired people (management) from outside the industry you could really see a change in direction of the company. At one point you could see they were just trying to get it sold. But if you are a new employee to the workforce, or just out of school, this place could add some valuable experience to your resume and background.

Cons

Parker purchased the company from Bill Sherman a few years ago and they have just buried the place in red tape and nonsense. Employee's and customers are not overly happy with the Parker way of running things and there is a steady mass exodus of people leaving the company to escape the instability of the working environment. Almost the entire Divisional management staff is gone, or looking. For those of us long term employees that have left, or are still there, the situation is nothing short of tragic. I miss Bill and the old company the way it was. We never had to worry about being laid off or who we brown nosed. If your a prospective employee looking at this place just go into with your eyes wide open. You may be able to get some good experience, some industry contacts and just use the place as a spring board to something stable and more career oriented.

If Bill were still around I would say to bring back Bill and gut the entire management staff and start new and fresh with just one location here in Anaheim and shut down all the other parasite locations and try to build the company back up and get the customers and employees happy. And then just run the company well without all these dreadful layers of bafoon managers and god awful senseless metrics boards and moron signs and banners. But Bill is gone now. So I'm not sure what advice is best? The best advice is to stop trying to be something you are not. Figure out what you are and be the best at it. That is my advice.

They like them dumb

Current Employee - Production  in  Manhattan, KS
    Current Employee - Production in Manhattan, KS

I have been working at Parker Hannifin full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay, RONA is nice to get.

Cons

If you want to work lots of overtime, and watch them promote people who have no idea what they are doing then this company might be for you.

treat your people better

There are newer employer reviews for Parker Hannifin.

Worked for Parker Hannifin? Contribute to the Community!