Parker Hannifin

www.parker.com
There are newer employer reviews for Parker Hannifin

Really good

I worked at Parker Hannifin

Pros

Parker had a really good internship program. I learned a lot of six sigma techniques that many other inters would never learn at other companies. Very organized and very knowledgeable.

Cons

I really do not have any negative things to say about Parker's internship program.

319 Other Employee Reviews for Parker Hannifin (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for...

Current Employee - Engineer in Metamora, OH
    Current Employee - Engineer in Metamora, OH

I have been working at Parker Hannifin full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are great! Salary is above average. Lots of great people to work with. Good upper and middle management. Nearby Sylvania is nice place to live. Vacation is easy to schedule. Sick time is on the honor system. Safety is really good here.

Cons

Metamora is out in the cornfields and closest big city is Toledo. Sylvania is really nice but taxes are high.

Some enthusiasm from management would be nice.

One of the worst professional experiences of my life

Former Employee - Test Engineer in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Test Engineer in Irvine, CA

I worked at Parker Hannifin full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Pay is competitive, treatment of employees by policies of their organizational structure leaves much to be desired. They have the profit to treat their employees with some semblance of respect but they don't and won't.

Parker is a fluid-mechanical-actuator type company but in recent years has been breaking into the aviation industry with fledgling electronic flight control systems and other electronics, well designed and built in India, in the current trend of capitalizing on foreign engineering talent and taking advantage to the point of abuse of personnel on h1b visas, but bungled in the marketing, technical customer support and support to aviation authorities.

Cons

The most common complaint at Parker Hannifin is Labor Relations, and I experienced it first hand in Irvine - it is critically bad.

Parker is trying to use its fluid mechanical manufacturing production model on electronics engineering and it's a train wreck; it doesn't know enough about electronics yet, especially for the aviation industry it pursues.

Get a handle on your labor and customer relations

There are newer employer reviews for Parker Hannifin