Parker is a stable company but slow to change.

Current Employee - Human Resources  in  Irvine, CA
Current Employee - Human Resources in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Parker Hannifin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Parker provides alternative benefits coverage and also has on-site services at some locations. Some locations offer AWS. If you show promise early in your career then internal growth opportunities are available more quickly. Employees who leave often return to Parker in different roles for higher pay.

Cons

Parker is very conservative and slow to change. Some systems are old or home grown and transitioning to newer ones is a slow process. Parker's management is more reactive to situations and does not seem to be able to clearly communicate the vision. The culture used to have a family oriented feel where the employee was valued but that has changed. Now employees work long hours with constantly changing demands and little appreciation.

Listen to your employees. Make efforts to be more proactive. Communicate clearly and honestly. Stop making unreasonable demands on your employees. Focus on more employee development.

Other Reviews for Parker Hannifin

No thank you!

Former Employee - College Program  in  Otsego, MI
    Former Employee - College Program in Otsego, MI

I worked at Parker Hannifin full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fresh out of high school it is hard to find a job that would pay better and give you full time hours.

Cons

I participated in the summer program for college students. It was terrible. I was told I would be in the de-burring area but was actually thrown from area to area depending on what was needed. This ended up being anything from weighing and boxing parts and cleaning restrooms to monitoring the machines. When I was on the machines the men back there called me princess, they had no respect at all for a young woman trying to earn decent money.

My employment ended with Parker when I got sick one night from a new bathroom floor cleaner they started using. It made me very ill to the point of vomiting and nearly passing out. I had to go home. When I came back in the next day I still felt nauseous so asked to be in a cooler area (I worked third shift so as long as I wasn't on a machine I would be ok). My supervisor put me in de-burring and a half hour later I was told to go home, don't come back until I was contacted. The next day I was informed I was terminated because I didn't listen to my superiors. What?!

Don't take your hard working employees for granted. Especially the ones you are paying half as much as your full time permanent employees.

Overall had a good experience working at Parker.

Current Employee - Engineer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Parker Hannifin full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good compensation and benefits with good working atmosphere.

Cons

Continually outsourcing work to other companies.

Before careful who you outsource your work to.

There are newer employer reviews for Parker Hannifin.

Worked for Parker Hannifin? Contribute to the Community!