Parker & Lynch

There are newer employer reviews for Parker & Lynch

Excellent Place to Work

Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Executive Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Parker & Lynch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible work environment, competitive comp plan, fun place to work.

Cons

Nothing at this time, it really is a fantastic place to work.

Keep up the good work!

16 Other Employee Reviews for Parker & Lynch (View Most Recent)

Overall a good place to work

I have been working at Parker & Lynch full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Lots of informal as well as formal training, social culture, small 'perks' like catered lunches or a manager bringing in cookies, hands-off management style - they expect you to know your job, be an adult and get on with it, which is great for more experienced hires. Uncapped commission/bonuses so you really can earn as much as you want compared to the effort you're prepared to put in.

Cons

Relations between Parker + Lynch ( the perm side of the business) and Accounting Principals (the temp & temp to hire side) can sometimes get strained, as their objectives aren't always aligned and so cross-selling can be difficult (eg aiming for different bill rates in client negotiations with the same firm).
    The corporate IT is dreadful - the database is clunky and one of the worst I've come across in over 20 years in the recruitment industry, and the IT support helpdesk is awful, it can take hours just to get connected to a printer for example.

Better initial induction would be good, especially for those coming from sales or industry with little recruitment background. Both the basics of 'how to do recruitment' and all the company procedure and culture stuff (how to sign up for benefits, submit expenses, etc) were skipped over or missed out entirely for myself and several other new hires I spoke to, and people have to ask busy colleagues for help or work it out for themselves.

Parker and Lynch is a nightmare. I felt like I was in a high school environment!

I have been working at Parker & Lynch full-time

Pros

Parker and Lynch is a good stepping stone for transitioning into better corporations. No one wants to stay here long-term.

Cons

The company boasts a horrible culture that thrives on negativity, gossip, and political favoritism. Little to no training is provided for new employees. Plus, the executive recruiters typically work on "purple squirrel" positions that are difficult and tedious to fill.

"Do as you say and say as you mean." Management should stop overselling and glamorizing their company and internal positions.

There are newer employer reviews for Parker & Lynch