Stay away from Parrish

Current Employee - Rehab  in  Titusville, FL
Current Employee - Rehab in Titusville, FL

I have been working at Parrish Medical Center

Pros

Since they are the only hospital in titusville---I guess I would say to make money

Cons

I worked in Home health as a traveling PT. I found the nurses to be old school and are not very rehab orientatated as well.
The director is very fake person, though appears friendly on the outside. The office staff are very nosey and are huge busy bodies. Once, when my drivers license was expiring I recieved a call from 1 of the busy bodies asking me if I had renewed it. They must have gone through my file and wrote the expiration day down on their calender months in advance.
The management in home health, like to talk down to the employees and keep them under their thumb. They always asume the worst in you and are constantly checking up on you. The managment doesnt work in the field, except when they decide they need to come out and harass you for some ridiculous company policies. Most of the talented nice nurses end up leaving them because they can't stomach them for too long. They have you performing so many ridiculous company rules that you either get burned out or give lousy care. Since I don't give lousy care, out the windows go the policies. Then, they make you feel like a dirt bag while they stuff their faces with cake/goodies in the office. I respect religious people but not when they force you to get in on their act. At Parrish (including the hospital) they make you read these stupid godly healing stories. They also make you repeat the really lame parrish sayings outloud. They seem to think they are the only ones who can give good health care.

They wont losten so it doesnt matter