Parsons Brinckerhoff

There are newer employer reviews for Parsons Brinckerhoff

Parsons Brinkerhoff Employment Review

Former Employee - Senior Construction Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
Former Employee - Senior Construction Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Parsons Brinckerhoff full-time (more than an year)

Pros

While working for PB they treated me with the upmost respect and helped me with any issue that I came accross.

Cons

While working for PB on anyone of their many projects life is good. When the project ends, that's another story. No matter how hard you try it seems they just can't find another project to put you on. It's not only PB, Parsons is the same way as well as Kiewit. All great companies to work for but look out when the project ends, they'll cut you loose so fast, it'll make your head spin.

The only way I can put it is that there's an addatuded within the company that says, "your a through-a-way employee". That needs to change, you need to stop throughing a way good employees.

205 Other Employee Reviews for Parsons Brinckerhoff (View Most Recent)

good for some

Current Employee - Engineer II in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Engineer II in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Parsons Brinckerhoff full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

my job has a ton of freedom, but i sit with a national group. i have very little supervision and can seek out my own projects and agreements to work on at will. good benefits, 2 weeks vacation for less than 5 years, and 3 weeks plus 8 holidays when you reach 5 years of service (i'm right at 5 years). average salary. never received a bonus.

Cons

the discipline groups, which are broken down by region, have very little freedom and often simply wait around until project work comes their way. there is very little involvement from younger staff in any part of pursuit efforts and business development, meaning movement is pretty slow until you are at least 5 years in. not winning much work in California so opportunities are waning.

provide more clear performance goals and determine compensation based on goal conformance. current process for compensation and promotion is a black box.

PB is a typical engineering company

Current Employee - Lead Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Lead Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at Parsons Brinckerhoff full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You work from 9 to 5. Everybody leaves the building at 6. PB is big so there is some chance to do work outside your office.

Cons

You do not advance quickly. Civing engineering saleries may not be OK for NY.

There are newer employer reviews for Parsons Brinckerhoff