Parsons Corporation

www.parsons.com
  www.parsons.com
There are newer employer reviews for Parsons Corporation

Great!

I worked at Parsons Corporation (more than 5 years)

Pros

Stable company with nice perks

Cons

There aren't many cons as this was a great place to work and I wish I would have never left!

215 Other Employee Reviews for Parsons Corporation (View Most Recent)

bold exam

Current Employee - Secretary in Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)
    Current Employee - Secretary in Sharjah (United Arab Emirates)

I have been working at Parsons Corporation as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

parsons group is very excellence company

Cons

parsons groups is always level up

upper of manager is of requirements order

Please read before considering this company

I worked at Parsons Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

There are still some good people working there, but they seem to be leaving fast. I made some good friends during my 11 years there.

Cons

Was essentially forced to finish a miserable field assignment after being told I was laid-off. If I didn't, I was deemed to have resigned and not eligible for unemployment. They would not move up my termination date to avoid the terrible field assignment in my last days with the company; however, I was terminated one day before being eligible for my annual 401k employer match, and ESOP payout for the last year I worked. No severance package was offered. The company seems to be very top-heavy, and expensive; therefore, not very competitive. Backlog in my sector (environmental) shrinks annually. You must remain completely billable at all times, but this burden is on you. No one is going to find you work if your last assignment is ending. There is an overhead charge number provided for "light" times, but this puts you on top of the lay-off list. There is a seemingly endless list of menial training and side-tasks that are required by the company, but no charge number is provided, so it is all done on your own time.

Show more respect to your staff and their sacrifices, especially those that conduct actual billable work. These are the people making profit for the company. If there have to be lay-offs, provide some sort of severance package other than just paying out unused paid time off. Do not take every opportunity to deny benefits.

There are newer employer reviews for Parsons Corporation