Great!

I worked at Parsons Corporation (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stable company with nice perks

Cons

There aren't many cons as this was a great place to work and I wish I would have never left!

Other Employee Reviews for Parsons Corporation

Please read before considering this company

I worked at Parsons Corporation full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There are still some good people working there, but they seem to be leaving fast. I made some good friends during my 11 years there.

Cons

Was essentially forced to finish a miserable field assignment after being told I was laid-off. If I didn't, I was deemed to have resigned and not eligible for unemployment. They would not move up my termination date to avoid the terrible field assignment in my last days with the company; however, I was terminated one day before being eligible for my annual 401k employer match, and ESOP payout for the last year I worked. No severance package was offered. The company seems to be very top-heavy, and expensive; therefore, not very competitive. Backlog in my sector (environmental) shrinks annually. You must remain completely billable at all times, but this burden is on you. No one is going to find you work if your last assignment is ending. There is an overhead charge number provided for "light" times, but this puts you on top of the lay-off list. There is a seemingly endless list of menial training and side-tasks that are required by the company, but no charge number is provided, so it is all done on your own time.

Advice to Management

Show more respect to your staff and their sacrifices, especially those that conduct actual billable work. These are the people making profit for the company. If there have to be lay-offs, provide some sort of severance package other than just paying out unused paid time off. Do not take every opportunity to deny benefits.

2. Engineer

Current Employee - Engineer in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Parsons Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work with good people and managers who are fairly flexible. Good social side of things. Free beers every Friday helps to meet people from outside of your immediate work group. Prjects are rather varied which gives you an opportunity to develop different skills. Also stops you from getting bored from doing the same thing every day. Benefits are ok. There are opportunities to travel, but it's something you need to push for yourself.

Cons

There seems to be a new restructure every 12-24 months changing focus from regional to national, and changing client focus depending on how the previous main clients are coping financially. Tends to be siloing between the different groups in the company. Since the takeover from Balfour Beatty the company seems a lot more concerned with billability than they used to be. Upper and middle management seems rather bloated. Staff are forced to take unpaid leave when billabilty falls.