Great Learning Experience

Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Pasadena, CA
Current Employee - Principal Engineer in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Parsons Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tons of knowledgeable engineers that really take the time to teach the younger staff. The integrity of this firm is amazing. Everything is checked and double checked.

Cons

Most of their work is for government, so the pace can be pretty slow at times. And all the paperwork is annoying.

Advice to Management

They have a lot of support for early career professionals, but not a lot for mid career professionals who are trying to balance a family and the most challenging time in their careers.

Other Employee Reviews for Parsons Corporation

1. Good few years, had to move on to move up.

Former Employee - Construction Engineer
    Former Employee - Construction Engineer

I worked at Parsons Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

ESOP is very good.

Cons

Transportation Group did not offer a lot of training opportunities.

Advice to Management

Better planning for employees as projects finish.

Avoid this disorganized mess of a company at all costs

Former Employee - Contract Administrator
    Former Employee - Contract Administrator

I worked at Parsons Corporation full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were a few nice people who worked there, and it provided a paycheck. There were benefits packages available, albeit they were very whittled down in scope and costly.

Cons

The corporate management does not seem to disseminate information to the various offices in any organized fashion so while a regional office is out recruiting additional staff and talking the company up, the corporate office is busily undoing everything and planning corporate lay offs. What a disorganized mess! I've never been treated as badly as I was at this company. They aren't honest. I was told the position was open because the prior position holder became sick and was unable to work. She actually left to work for another company. It is short-sighted for management to lie about something so basic. Once an employee gets settled in, the truth comes out and people don't like finding out they have been deceived. The boss indicted that she like to provide her staff projects and let them run with them, when in actuality she was the quintessential micro manager; I wasn't trusted to do anything alone. It was degrading, humiliating, and discouraging. After a few months, it was hard to get out of bed to go there because I was daily treated like a first grader. My boss also insisted that she needed me to begin work a few weeks before Christmas, to which I reluctantly agreed, though I would have like to start at the beginning of the year. In actuality, she really just wanted someone else's contact information to put on her "out of office" notice on Outlook so she could take vacation and make herself look good. Never mind that I had only been there a couple weeks and could barely help myself, let alone anyone that contacted me due to out of office notice. & technology...forget about it. The network is always down & you have limited communication capabilities daily. It was so frustrating. For hours at a time the system would be down. & shold you choose to work here, brace yourself to be a human database. There are no databases used - you will be manually writing & re-writing the same information over and over on various required & extensive reports weekly, monthly, quarterly. It's ridiculous and so time consuming. There are a million more productive things that could be done with the time. & they have let so many people go over the years. There are offices and offices of files that have just been abandoned in various stages. Be aware that you will be expected to someone status all the mess as a result of their prior lay offs. And brace your self. There will be more layoffs. There is no real long term plan and layoffs appear to be inevitable. By far the strangest work experience I've had in a 25 year career.

Advice to Management

Be honest with recruits. Tell them why the position is really available & tell them that there are significant challenges with systems and extreme disorganization.