Partner Engineering & Science

www.partneresi.com
There are newer employer reviews for Partner Engineering & Science

Partner Values Set Them Apart

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Partner Engineering & Science full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

At Partner, the company's culture is very important. Having worked for a lot of places where this isn't, I am well aware of the positive difference that this makes. I firmly believe that this is what sets Partner apart from other firms in our industry. Partner’s structure affords its employees the opportunity to think outside the box and thrive. We are encouraged to be the best and rewarded for being so.

Cons

Sometimes our sink or swim mentality can be a little bit daunting. In some cases, this can be a positive or negative thing that can either encourage or discourage employees.

My advice to Partner management would be to continue developing internal resources and programs to benefit employees both at their jobs and personally.

23 Other Employee Reviews for Partner Engineering & Science (View Most Recent)

The people make the company great

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

Pros

I personally love the culture at Partner, and I really don't understand some of the other review comments on here - I would guess that some of those are the result of a bad personal or interpersonal experience, which is unavoidable at any company.

Everyone works very hard and there are definitely high expectations, especially regarding productivity. Those high expectations help keep the company at the top of the industry, but it can burn some people out who don't adapt to working at that pace. I think this can be hard for those who don't speak up for themselves and let management know they're feeling overloaded. For those that do speak up, in my experience the management is usually pretty reasonable about finding a solution and perhaps adjusting workload and expectations.

At the same time I think the leadership and management focus a lot on creating a good culture, leading by example, emphasizing work-life balance and rewarding the staff for hard work. Examples: lots of employee get togethers (formal and informal like happy hours), birthday lunches, holiday parties (which some companies don't even do anymore), new hire orientation summits, training and webinars, providing technical resources for staff to educate themselves, etc.

The atmosphere and culture will certainly vary from office to office - you can't force people to like each other and build camaraderie, but I think on the whole there are so many cool people at the company that the vibe is good.

There are definitely career advancement and entrepreneurship opportunities, the company is growing really fast and that means opportunities. But it is a large company so those who are top performers, take initiative and really assert themselves will have more opportunities and get more recognition than those who don't. You also need to play well with others. None of this is not rocket science. It does help to have a more senior advocate in your corner.

As far as technical knowledge and employee training comments - I think Partner has a lot of veterans with great expertise and generally does a good job of training (more so as the company has grown), but perhaps communication and implementation is more the issue - sometimes the expertise isn't shared as much as it should be, or sometimes a staff person may not get the mentorship they need (especially if they don't speak up). I think they do have a buddy/mentor system for entry-level technical staff, but I'm not sure if that is implemented evenly across the company (I wouldn't know from my position).

A bit about my perspective: I came from a competitor where the morale (and business practices) were terrible, it was night and day coming to Partner, so while the company isn't perfect I'm really happy to be here. I'm sure that colors my perception of what it is like to work here.

I have, and will continue to, recommend working here to others.

Cons

Communication - it's not terrible but it could be improved - from leadership down, and also from office to office and team to team. Knowledge sharing about what is going on in the company, news, other departments, continually pointing out resources, etc.

Need a little more focus on ensuring that staff get the support they need and that no one falls through the cracks (especially entry level and junior staff) and that people don't get burned out - again I think there is a concerted effort to do this, but this could be improved.

The environmental and engineering consulting industry is not one of the highest paying industries out there - I think Partner is on par with its peers, but have realistic expectations.

See comments in the "Cons" section.

Horrible company, management doesn't give a rats a$$ about you

Current Employee - Environmental Engineer in Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Environmental Engineer in Torrance, CA

Pros

Some benefits from work here: free water, restrooms are clean and you get a happy birthday email when its your birthday.

Cons

If you like to slave your life away, this company is for you. Work hard and get no respect, no raises, no rewards or anything. The sooner you rot and die the better, so they can replace you with a cheaper new person and not have to deal with giving you a raise.

Whatever advice given to management is ignored. So why waste my time.

There are newer employer reviews for Partner Engineering & Science