Partners HealthCare

www.partners.org
  www.partners.org
There are newer employer reviews for Partners HealthCare

very good people to work for

Current Employee - Hha/Hm in Lake Wales, FL
Current Employee - Hha/Hm in Lake Wales, FL

I have been working at Partners HealthCare part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I can make my ouw hours and time of day I work

Cons

I wish I got more money per hour

don`t have any

187 Other Employee Reviews for Partners HealthCare (View Most Recent)

Work environment at the corporate level is a little stale, but still a good place to work with a lot of opportunities.

Current Employee - Human Resources in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Boston, MA

I have been working at Partners HealthCare full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Large opportunity for growth within a large network of hospitals, very good about hiring from within. If you get a job here, you have a good chance of staying within the company if you want as you move forward with your career. Good benefits and time off.

Cons

Can be a bit repetitive on the corporate side of the company, company stability means the same raise each year, the same job requirements and tasks, etc.

Well managed company, work/life balance

Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Wellesley, MA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Wellesley, MA

I have been working at Partners HealthCare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Very stable, well-managed company with excellent work/life balance including telecommuting options. Working in corporate IS is really "enterprise-level" work that impacts millions of people across Eastern Mass. Even with the Epic migration it's still more stable than most companies. Good technology, there are legacy systems to be supported but there's always new/upgraded systems as well.

Cons

The downside of being such a stable company is that you pretty much work in the same area, year after year, with the same 2% raise every year; your hard work is appreciated among your immediate colleagues but you're not going to revolutionize healthcare and get rich as an individual contributor in IS. Under the previous CEO/CIO IS was a strategic growth area, while they aren't necessarily cutting back right now they're not growing either.

Give people an opportunity to work on different projects throughout the organization based on their interests. Understandably clinical systems change slowly and deliberately, but make it easier, at least for engineering types, to replace their machines, laptops, get a second monitor. Replace ServiceCenter with something more functional for all of IS.

There are newer employer reviews for Partners HealthCare