There are newer employer reviews for Party City

Great for a part time position

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Laurel, MD
Former Employee - Sales Associate in Laurel, MD

I worked at Party City

Pros

I was a student and they were great with flexible hours and days off. Very easy to adjust to and learn.

Cons

I worked with a great team of people but things would easily became personal, instead of professional. Raises are only every year and working there for three years, I was only given a raise of $1.25.

Drama should be left at the doors before starting the work day.

reviews filtered by
  1. I Loved it.

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Silverdale, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Silverdale, WA

I worked at Party City

Pros

Amazing co-workers, fun environment, good hours, great place to gain work experience. Very busy at times, which makes the work day go by quickly.

Cons

Hectic Halloween season, standing for long periods of time. Very slow at times, which makes the day seem to last forever.

Although there were some discrepancies about closing duties that weren't completed well enough, I honestly liked every one of my managers and thought they all did a great job.

2. Not a bad place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Party City

Pros

The schedule is a typical retail schedule, one weekend day per week off. The job is 47.5 hours, and you are paid overtime for the 7.5 hours. Your overtime is already calculated into your offer. It's very upfront.

Cons

The stores are in bad need of a remodel. The clientele is not exactly the classiest. Information from Corporate is vague at best.

Think of how the stores look to your customers. Freshen up the interior when bathrooms desperately need a remodel or tile floors are in need of replacing.

There are newer employer reviews for Party City