Overworked, underpaid, unsatisfying, little change of advancement

Former Employee - Manager  in  Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Party City full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good employees, lot of product to see but a lot is all very similar though.

Cons

Not enough payroll to do the jobs needed (stocking, planograms, balloons), terrible signage directions, terrible price change procedures

Quit treating employees and management like cattle

Other Reviews for Party City

Seasonal Halloween Associate

Former Employee - Halloween Expert  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Halloween Expert in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Party City as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

30% discount - VERY busy so the day goes by quickly - associates can see the costumes that are not on display and therefore unavailable to the public - co-workers are so nice! - 5-hr Energy drink company would drop off free samples - nearby eateries would offer discounts for employees 30-50% off - uniform is a pair of khakis, black shirt, white sneakers & vest they supply

Cons

The schedule was posted on Saturday evenings when Sunday is the beginning of the week - HAD to work on Friday & Saturday before Halloween and day of Halloween (no parties for you!) - pay is $8/hr

Please get the schedule out earlier in the week.

They Just don't care!

Former Employee - FES/Receiver/WHATEVER THEY WANTED  in  Arlington, TX
    Former Employee - FES/Receiver/WHATEVER THEY WANTED in Arlington, TX

I worked at Party City part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked there for almost four years and the ONLY goods things about the company are the flexibility of hours (they will work around your schedule) and I loved everyone that I worked with, we were almost like family!

Cons

1. THEY JUST DON'T CARE! The higher management (owners, district managers, ect.) doesn't care about their employees. It's basically "Do what we tell you and shut up, or your fired" They don't want your input, everything you do is WRONG! and if by chance you do something that you are proud of, they are wondering why you haven't done THREE things instead of that one.
    2. "The customer is always right" NO! they are NOT always right, the customers that come into Party city are the RUDEST people I have ever met. (yes, this is not the company's fault that they get rude people) But they expect us to give the customers EVERYTHING that they want. Sorry, I'm just not a fan of giving people 50% off of something because they feel like that is what I should give them.
    The customers expect us to ask them "how high" when they say "jump".
    3. THE hours suck for the amount that they pay. They expect you to keep everything immaculate when you're getting paid minimum wage and working 40 hours a week! MAYBE IF YOU PAID YOUR EMPLOYEES MORE YOU WOULD GET MORE OUT OF THEM!
    4. I worked there for almost four years, and worked my butt off! Everyone told me that I was the best associate that they had, because I worked very hard. BUT WHEN A HIGHER POSITION CAME ABOUT THEY OFFER IT TO THE NEW GUY! Why? Even though I got a higher yearly review, even though they always tell me I'm better than him, HE GETS IT? SO IF YOU KISS A$$ YOU WILL GET A RAISE/PROMOTION!
    5. Another co-worker and I were supposed to get a raise, and WE NEVER GOT IT! They told us it went through, and guess what?! NEVER! and they won't back pay us for the times that we were supposed to be paid more!

OVERALL, I WOULDN'T SUGGEST THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE.
    THEY WORK YOU TOO HARD AND DON'T CARE!

Acknowledge those who work hard, and fire those that don't!

There are newer employer reviews for Party City.

Worked for Party City? Contribute to the Community!