There are newer employer reviews for Party City

Too much work for not enough pay

Former Employee - Team Lead in Minneapolis, MN
Former Employee - Team Lead in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Party City full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get a good discount when shopping for parties or during Halloween. I genuinely loved the team I worked with and had fun when I worked. There ALWAYS was something to do, which I liked.

Cons

A stated in the title, you put in a lot of work for little reward or compensation. At least where I worked as long as we did what we were told and didn't "rock the boat" we never got intensives to stay long. The motto seemed to be "train them cheep and ship them out fast when they start to complain." If you are in management then get ready for the store to be your life.

Advice to Management

I was part of management, it was the district management that seemed to be the problem. Each store seemed to be separate and had different standers and policies. We often got complaints from consumers that they were able to return an item that was non-returnable at another Party City and that we should be able to return the item too.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Party City shrevport

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Shreveport, LA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Shreveport, LA

I worked at Party City full-time

Pros

store sells pretty cool things employee discount som coworkers

Cons

HALLOWEEN pay, hardly any raisses system is unorganized some ppl sit around around talking but yells at you if you try to get things don not ethicall nobody come back twice, low quality merchandize store always torn up at night never get off when the schedle says you should, not allowed to leave earlier than evryone else even if you have something to do like pick up your kids from babysitter not enogh hrs for workers

Advice to Management

notice good workers, dont know about district managment, also, new managers are supposd to be coming from corprate or somewhere

2. Good job while in school

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Plano, TX

I have been working at Party City part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

flexible hours, work with school schedule good starting pay get good hours to work per week

Cons

worked in same area learned nothing new a lot of work at times

Advice to Management

Have employees work everywhere, not just in one area. At times, the employees are over-worked and they should switch work areas, so that employees don't get tired.