Party City

There are newer employer reviews for Party City

Favoritism City

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Miami, FL
Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in Miami, FL

I worked at Party City part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good company, competitive salaries, easy work, fun-spirited job and good for a first job.

Cons

Worst hours, not flexible, rude customers, rude managers,and bad service.

- Don't pretend like you like someone and you're going to keep them and then you let them go. At least have the decency to call someone and let them know they no longer have a job.
- Don't show inconsistencies in your managerial skills (treat one person one way and the next different).\
- Don't reprimand your employees for going the extra mile to help a customer, you should encourage great customer service because a lot of people come in complaining about not being helped.
- Don't treat your employees who are working temporarily differently as if they don't matter because they're seasonal
- Don't train your team one way and then expect them to act another way

432 Other Employee Reviews for Party City (View Most Recent)

Good company but bad management

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Party City full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good size stores with manageable inventories and employees.

Cons

Franchise Owner and President of AZ/NM stores are terrible

Too much work for not enough pay

Former Employee - Team Lead in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Party City full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You get a good discount when shopping for parties or during Halloween. I genuinely loved the team I worked with and had fun when I worked. There ALWAYS was something to do, which I liked.

Cons

A stated in the title, you put in a lot of work for little reward or compensation. At least where I worked as long as we did what we were told and didn't "rock the boat" we never got intensives to stay long. The motto seemed to be "train them cheep and ship them out fast when they start to complain." If you are in management then get ready for the store to be your life.

I was part of management, it was the district management that seemed to be the problem. Each store seemed to be separate and had different standers and policies. We often got complaints from consumers that they were able to return an item that was non-returnable at another Party City and that we should be able to return the item too.

There are newer employer reviews for Party City