There are newer employer reviews for Party City

it was an enjoyable experience because of the customers

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Greensboro, NC
Current Employee - Cashier in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Party City full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

you have a job for the day

Cons

no good health insurance, bad management

know your store, spend more time in your store

331 Other Employee Reviews for Party City (View Most Recent)

Deltail and different experience can be accomodating

I worked at Party City as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Deltail and different experience but can be scary

Cons

Deltail and different experience and very friendly

Could be worse.

Current Employee - Cashier, Customer Service
    Current Employee - Cashier, Customer Service

I have been working at Party City part-time for less than a year

Pros

My managers are great, as well as my coworkers. For the most part, working at party city is good. I get called in all the time for extra hours, so even with low pay, I make some money.

Cons

I've been called in to work full day shifts, That's about 13 hours, and I didn't get a break for 7 hours. The pay is low, so if there's a slow week, just scheduled for 20 hours, you won't want to spend any of it. There's no consistent schedule from week to week. The customers are horrible. Now I know they don't know where everything is, but to just leave piles of merchandise all over the store, to constantly knock things down, to let your kids run wild through the store, and to be demanding as if they are royalty is insane. They play with everything in the store and break it. They use color hairspray to tag the walls and floor. They complain if their balloons aren't inflated in an instant even if there are 10 people in line. The steal constantly, not all, but a lot of them do. They are the most inconsiderable people on the planet.
    And then there's the job itself. If you think it's going to be 4-5 hours a day of helping customers and running a register, think again. As cashier you'll normally be doing the work of 3 people. You'll need to check people out, answer the phone, take orders over the phone, fill orders, re-inflate the display balloons, stock and clean the front candy and balloon weights, clean behind the registers, help customers, get buggies, doing put backs, and from time to time you'll be down stocking or just restocking somewhere in the store. Since there's only one cashier a shift, you had better be able multitask very well. Last thing, cleaning the store every night, zoning, always runs late on busy days, so don't plan on a free night.

Always have two cashiers, or at least a back up. Better instructions are always better when the alternative is a vague statement. And stop going to the back room in a circle to talk about your lives for hours when you could be out help customers. I would say if you want us to do the work of 3 people, you should pay more, but I'm not that money hungry, but it would be nice. Just understand the limits and skills of your employees, and don't expect perfection from us.

There are newer employer reviews for Party City

Worked for Party City? Contribute to the Community!