Party City
www.partycity.com Rockaway, NJ 5000+ Employees

Probably would be a better short time job than a long term career.

FT Team Lead (Current Employee)

I have been working at Party City full-time for more than a year

ProsI moved up to management within a year of being employed with the company.
Loved my coworkers when I first started and everybody wanted to help each other out.
Ability to really help customers plan their events.
Great discount on product.

ConsHigh turn over rate.
Expected to work just as hard as any of the other higher paid managers but with no compensation to match it.
Expected to go to other stores to help with projects with little to no recognition or gratitude.
No incentive to stay pay wise.
Huge cut in payroll hours in recent years.
Need to have open availability for management which is understandable but when you aren't getting paid enough to support only one job it is hard to like your job anymore.
Some of the managers are more willing to gossip about how awful they think some of the employees are instead of properly training them so that they have the chance to succeed..
Expect new employees to work just as hard and with little to no errors with very little training.
Corporate expects you to do the same thing at least twice if not more and does not provide extra hours for you to fix their mistake.
Very little feedback requested from the store level. Corporate just blindly seems to throw out ideas without seeing if they really do work or not. There focus just seems so backwards and they are more worried about getting as much money from the business while having very dissastified employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a better more effective training

Worked and treated like a dog

Sales Associate (Current Employee)
Encinitas, CA

I have been working at Party City part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Discount .... That really is it Cons: Horrible pay. Treated poorly. Stressful. No room for improvement. Bitter… Advice to Senior Management: Pay us more and stop expecting us to be super heros. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Absolutely the worst company I have ever worked for!

Store Manager (Former Employee)
Huntsville, AL

I worked at Party City full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: If you can work in this type of environment you… Cons: Everything! Disorganized from the top down. Upper management are bullies and unprofessional. The district manager is motivated my malice and creates a bad morale within… Advice to Senior Management: The CEO needs to be more involved with who is chosen to run the district. When you have managers resigning that have been with the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Party City.

Worked for Party City? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Party City reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Party City CEO Jerry Rittenberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Party City employees.