There are newer employer reviews for Party City

Good to learn the basics

I worked at Party City

Pros

Company provides a lot of growth potential, opportunity to learn the retail world

Cons

Lots of favoritism, it's all about who you know

reviews filtered by
  1. Absolutely the worst company I have ever worked for!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Party City full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you can work in this type of environment you can make it anywhere....I promise!

Cons

Everything! Disorganized from the top down. Upper management are bullies and unprofessional. The district manager is motivated my malice and creates a bad morale within his district. This company is all about nepotism and cronyism! This store attracts some of the most rude, nasty and ignorant customers. They get off on peeing in the floor, smearing excrement on the walls, tearing up packages and messing the store up and stealing merchandise. Balloon Saturday's are ridiculous. I've never seen so many people get so serious over stupid balloons. Managers are expected to work 24/7 to get everything done especially since everyone is part time except for the store manager. Even the assistant managers can't go over 45. There is not a work life balance. You literally eat,_____ and ________ Party City. You will have nightmares about this place. If you finish a project you will have to redo it 5 times afterwards due to the "revised planograms". For the entire month of October the store will literally be on the floor. The customers are the nastiest I have ever witnessed. You don't even see customers like this in Wal Mart. You can work 24/7 and still always be behind which your immature DM will gladly and smugly let you know about. The DM for this district humiliates the store managers in front of customers and employees creating huge morale issues.

The CEO needs to be more involved with who is chosen to run the district. When you have managers resigning that have been with the company for 10 or more years there is a problem! Do not put immature individuals in positions of authority. You will never be able to retain decent people.

2. wonderful

Current Employee - Cashier/Sales Associate in Garland, TX
    Current Employee - Cashier/Sales Associate in Garland, TX

I have been working at Party City part-time (more than a year)

Pros

customers
    fun environment
    flexible schedules
    awesome management
    promoting from within the company
    learning new things everyday

Cons

unable to work more than 23 hour a week due to new law changes

keep up the great job!