Party City

There are newer employer reviews for Party City

Happy Employees = Happy Customers

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Party City part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Co-Workers, whether you like them or not, are your 2nd family. We at Party City can relate to one another because of the chaos that goes around in our stores. Flexible schedules are amazing, thanks to my store's management team. Annual raises.

Cons

If anyone has been working at Party City for less than 2 years, and is a newly hired cashier, or Halloween temp., their review does not matter since they haven't experienced the company enough. These are my views of working for Party City.

1.) Party City favors customers WAYYYYY more than their Employees 100%.

- One complaint to corporate leads to a chain of punishment calls and emails to District Mgt. down to GM's down to all associates. The complaint by customers usually comes from the hundreds of $$$ that corporate spends on graphics that promote Sales. Customers DONT READ. Customers constantly complain that they are right about prices ( For example: Buy 1 get 1 free cups). Once the Promotion is explained to the customer proving they are wrong. They get upset and to keep them happy, we are forced to give them the product at the price they THOUGHT was right.This results in Loss of $$ and a complaint still given to corporate. The mentality of some customers is sometimes questionable, but nevertheless we are still forced to make customers happy at the expense of OUR happiness.

2.) Party City expects too much from managers resulting in no time to train seasonal, and newly hired employees.

- Improper training results in poor performance and productivity. Training is sometimes provided by associates who 1. Don't know what they themselves are doing. 2. Don't even care . or 3. Provide no training at all. I myself am a training fanatic. I love to teach associates all about our company. Whether its in receiving, sales floor, or register, I will make sure the associate receives as much knowledge as possible to make our company great. However, I am only a sales associate. I do not receive the extra pay or bonuses for doing the extra work I take off managements hands. I am going to school for business management, so I am using Party City as practice since I don't see a future with this company; considering everything I am stating about it.

3.) There is little to NO recognition for excellent performance in this company.

- Rewarding and Recognizing great work is a source of Motivation. Since Party City is not fond of rewarding associates with Monetary bonuses, they should at least take the time and effort to keep their staff motivated through a different source of rewards. Motivation should be provided by managers, but if managers are not happy, how can employees be happy?? This is business management 101. I try to motivate my co-workers as much as possible to keep their spirits up. If an associate is in a good mood, they will want to interact with customers much more. If an associate is unhappy, well, I don't have to say much.. Look at Party City's Facebook page. FILLED with customer complaints about bad "customer service" Happy employees = Happy customers . Happy customers = More business . More business = More money . More Money = :) .

1.) APPRECIATE your employees. 2.) SPEND the extra revenue on employees with great performance NOT on graphics which customers tag, spit gum on, and destroy/ don't pay attention to. 3.) Walk in our shoes.. experience memorizing sku's for 325465 types of candy and recovering Favors for at least 2 weeks.

464 Other Employee Reviews for Party City (View Most Recent)

Party City does not care about their employees

Former Employee - Management
    Former Employee - Management

I worked at Party City full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Good Pay and good benefits

Cons

More work than can be done. skeleton staffing. demoralizing managers. no training

Absolutely the worst company I have ever worked for!

Former Employee - Store Manager in Huntsville, AL
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Huntsville, AL

I worked at Party City full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

If you can work in this type of environment you can make it anywhere....I promise!

Cons

Everything! Disorganized from the top down. Upper management are bullies and unprofessional. The district manager is motivated my malice and creates a bad morale within his district. This company is all about nepotism and cronyism! This store attracts some of the most rude, nasty and ignorant customers. They get off on peeing in the floor, smearing excrement on the walls, tearing up packages and messing the store up and stealing merchandise. Balloon Saturday's are ridiculous. I've never seen so many people get so serious over stupid balloons. Managers are expected to work 24/7 to get everything done especially since everyone is part time except for the store manager. Even the assistant managers can't go over 45. There is not a work life balance. You literally eat,_____ and ________ Party City. You will have nightmares about this place. If you finish a project you will have to redo it 5 times afterwards due to the "revised planograms". For the entire month of October the store will literally be on the floor. The customers are the nastiest I have ever witnessed. You don't even see customers like this in Wal Mart. You can work 24/7 and still always be behind which your immature DM will gladly and smugly let you know about. The DM for this district humiliates the store managers in front of customers and employees creating huge morale issues.

The CEO needs to be more involved with who is chosen to run the district. When you have managers resigning that have been with the company for 10 or more years there is a problem! Do not put immature individuals in positions of authority. You will never be able to retain decent people.

There are newer employer reviews for Party City