Party City
www.partycity.com Rockaway, NJ 5000+ Employees

You can do much better but great if this is your first job.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Party City full-time for more than 5 years

ProsNice co-workers, weekends mostly off, 2 free drink tickets for the Holiday party

ConsPoor management and company direction. There's always an excuse around review time how the company had another bad year and can not afford to give you more than a 1.5-2% increase again this year. High employee turnover but management doesn't seem to care because they will either have the others do more or find someone else eventually to come in at a cheaper salary than the person who left.

True story: After Halloween one year, the CEO sent out a voicemail to all employees letting them know what a good season we had (oddly enough, I still only received a 2% raise due to poor sales) and advised everyone to find an open bag of candy and enjoy a piece on the company. Kudos for your hard work!

Sounds ridiculous, right? There are many more stories like this and others that just leave you in amazement such as:

You can not work from home unless its after hours

State of Emergency due to snow; offices open and must use a vacation day if you can not make it in

Work on a problem until the AM hours or on weekends? Management is not able to give you comp time nor will go out of their way to let you leave early

It's not a fun place at all and actually, a very depressing company to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhy bother? They don't listen anyway. But if you did, rotate the songs in your over played commercials because it's starting to get grating listening to Thriller every time they air. I used to like that song at one point.

An okay first job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Party City part-time for less than a year

Pros: halloween season- getting to dress up everyday and see people… Cons: sparse hours low pay can get very boring More

Merchandise Control Associate

Merchandise Control Associate (Former Employee)
Rockaway, NJ

I worked at Party City full-time for more than a year

Pros: **I worked in headquarters and these are my experiences: -Friendly environment -SUPER Fun company culture: Party City had lots… Cons: **I worked in headquarters and these are my experiences: -Not much room for career advancement -Some of the directors/managers do not discipline managers… Advice to Senior Management: Managers need to be assessed by their staff as they are the ones who work extremely close with the manager. Directors and Executives of the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Party City.

Worked for Party City? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Party City reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Party City CEO Jerry Rittenberg. All reviews posted anonymously by Party City employees.