Party City

There are newer employer reviews for Party City

Overall great job.

Former Employee - Front End Manager in Olathe, KS
Former Employee - Front End Manager in Olathe, KS

I worked at Party City part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fun environment, fast paced, get to interact with kids, pretty easy job. Working for Party City taught me everything about retailing and customer service.

Cons

Not a lot of opportunity for advancement. A lot of balloon inflating. Halloween and graduation season are very very busy. The strict return policies result in some very irate customers at times.

Make sure all levels of management are on the same page. Communication is key.

377 Other Employee Reviews for Party City (View Most Recent)

Needs More Workers

Former Employee - Cashier/Sales Associate in Everett, WA
    Former Employee - Cashier/Sales Associate in Everett, WA

I worked at Party City part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly and motivated coworkers. My assistant manager was the best.

Cons

There is always one cashier in different hours. The store always get busy, and I always find myself stressing out because there isn't another cashier to assist me. We're told to call up for help if needed. Well, they should always have another coworker stay in the front. My manager had no moral standards, and was very rude. Worse manager to work with ever. I can't believe the district manager didn't review him again. Would always swear in front of the coworkers when customers weren't around.

Exciting and fast-paced

Current Employee - Halloween Expert in Henderson, NV
    Current Employee - Halloween Expert in Henderson, NV

I have been working at Party City part-time (less than an year)

Pros

During Halloween season, they give you good hours and you probably will work at least one cover shift but I almost guarantee more. They stress lunches if you work 8 hours and encourage you to take 35 minutes worth of time to yourself. They usually hire fun, energetic people and the environment doesn't put any pressure on you. This has been (technically) my first job, as I'm only 16, but if I had to tell anyone, it's the best job.

Cons

If you don't like brief training, this might throw you off. But if you're adaptable, you'll be fine.

Instead of sending random things, you should look at the inventory of that specific store and send accordingly. We've had an abundance of things that weren't selling as well and still received many more shipments of those things.

There are newer employer reviews for Party City