Party City

www.partycity.com

Not the Best Job in Retail

Sales Associate (Former Employee) West Jordan, UT

ProsThe dress code is nice and professional for what the job is. It's not a suit and tie, but you get to wear a black polo shirt, dress pants, and dress shoes. They want you to look nice. There are no degrading aprons or uniforms as with some other retaillers. The job is very low pressure. There's a 30% discount on all the merchandise.

ConsMy biggest con was the lack of respect from management to employees. I was given a heavier work load and more assignments than some of the other employees. As a dedicated employee I was only taken advantage of. They never let me know when I did a good job, but they were certain to let me know if I did not. The manager was very rude and abrasive to all the employees. As a previous review stated Party City does not seem to think that their sales associates are a valuable asset to their company. The pay is very low, minimum wage. The store generates mass hysteria during Halloween and other special events.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are many ways that different people run their companies. Some companies believe that the best way to do it is to "act like a jerk" and "put the employees in their place." The Sales Associates are one of the most important aspects of the stores success as they perform the most customer interaction and keep the store maintained. If employees feel valued and respected the employee morale and overall success of the store will improve. A happy worker is a good worker. Companies with happier workers will more than likely reach their full potential.

SUCKS AFTER AWHILE

Everythingggg (Current Employee) Warminster, PA

I have been working at Party City

Pros: -mostly teenagers -can be fun when managers arent near -a good first job -yelling… Cons: -yearly raise is very low -no hours at all -some managers are… Advice to Senior Management: give us more hours and pay us more. we work our butts off, while getting paid… More

Fun, Friendly, and Stagnant

Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Party City

Pros: Friendly management works with you on a very relational level Fun retail… Cons: Double standards reflected in management and associates Advice to Senior Management: Putting the customer first means taking better care of employees More
There are newer reviews on Party City.

Worked for Party City? Contribute to the Community!