Party City

Not the Best Job in Retail

Former Employee - Sales Associate in West Jordan, UT
Former Employee - Sales Associate in West Jordan, UT

I worked at Party City

Pros

The dress code is nice and professional for what the job is. It's not a suit and tie, but you get to wear a black polo shirt, dress pants, and dress shoes. They want you to look nice. There are no degrading aprons or uniforms as with some other retaillers. The job is very low pressure. There's a 30% discount on all the merchandise.

Cons

My biggest con was the lack of respect from management to employees. I was given a heavier work load and more assignments than some of the other employees. As a dedicated employee I was only taken advantage of. They never let me know when I did a good job, but they were certain to let me know if I did not. The manager was very rude and abrasive to all the employees. As a previous review stated Party City does not seem to think that their sales associates are a valuable asset to their company. The pay is very low, minimum wage. The store generates mass hysteria during Halloween and other special events.

There are many ways that different people run their companies. Some companies believe that the best way to do it is to "act like a jerk" and "put the employees in their place." The Sales Associates are one of the most important aspects of the stores success as they perform the most customer interaction and keep the store maintained. If employees feel valued and respected the employee morale and overall success of the store will improve. A happy worker is a good worker. Companies with happier workers will more than likely reach their full potential.

433 Other Employee Reviews for Party City (View Most Recent)

SUCKS AFTER AWHILE

Current Employee - Everythingggg in Warminster, PA
    Current Employee - Everythingggg in Warminster, PA

I have been working at Party City

Pros

-mostly teenagers
    -can be fun when managers arent near
    -a good first job
    -yelling at customers is the best part. i swear, they are NEVER rightt!!

Cons

-yearly raise is very low
    -no hours at all
    -some managers are very rude and do not respect us employees
    -some have no cameras

give us more hours and pay us more. we work our butts off, while getting paid crap. dont give the cashiers so many duties. we need to stay close by to the registers.

Fun, Friendly, and Stagnant

Former Employee - Receiving Supervisor
    Former Employee - Receiving Supervisor

I worked at Party City

Pros

Friendly management works with you on a very relational level
    Fun retail environment, when compared to the dull sheen of office or home products

Cons

Double standards reflected in management and associates

Putting the customer first means taking better care of employees

There are newer employer reviews for Party City