There are newer employer reviews for Party City

Nice friendly co-workers and supervisors, even in the customer chaos the Management was always solid and willing to help

I worked at Party City part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very nice people, helpful, willing to provide advice, as well as good natured.

Cons

You will work hard and the pay is...well, minimum wage.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Get in and get out as fast as you can!

Former Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate in North Babylon, NY
    Former Employee - Part-Time Sales Associate in North Babylon, NY

I worked at Party City part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free candy, no drug testing for hourly associates, good store discounts. Unless it's Halloween, you probably won't have a lot of work to do.

Cons

Horrible hours, low starting pay, low raises, difficult environment to succeed and advance in. If you're a cashier, expect to be running back and forth between the balloon counter and your register. I worked there for a year, and got a whopping ten cent raise to 7.60 an hour.

Advice to Management

Happy employees are well paid employees. I know the minimum wage is still low in many states, but you don't have to remind us!

2. Good job, bad career.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Simi Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Simi Valley, CA

I have been working at Party City part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is above minimum and the customers you get coming through are primarily women looking to shop for parties, making sure that almost everybody who walks in there is in a good mood to begin with. The management at my store are all awesome and incredibly flexible with availability, hours, and getting days off.

Cons

Worst. Music. Ever. It's all covers done by horrible imitators of the original songs. The only other complaint is that usually Party City hires outside of the company for management positions and doesn't usually hire up from within the company.

Advice to Management

Hire from within. We know so much more about the ebb and flow and inner workings of the stores that I feel we are much better equipped with the knowledge to address issues that arise compared to those who are just coming into the company with no prior experience of working in a Party City store.