Party City

www.partycity.com
  www.partycity.com
There are newer employer reviews for Party City

Nice friendly co-workers and supervisors, even in the customer chaos the Management was always solid and willing to help

I worked at Party City part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very nice people, helpful, willing to provide advice, as well as good natured.

Cons

You will work hard and the pay is...well, minimum wage.

395 Other Employee Reviews for Party City (View Most Recent)

Fun environment to work in.

Current Employee - Team Lead I in Coral Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Team Lead I in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at Party City (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very relaxed job, easy to get your foot in the door. They mostly only hire during Halloween for temporary and then keep a handful of people that showed potential.

Cons

Low pay. Everyone starts at minimum wage and when they give you a raise once a year its literally pennies. Last year my raise was .05 cents the year before that it was .11 cents.

Only store managers get salary. So if youre a Assistant Manager youll be paid hourly working 55 hours a week.

Good job, bad career.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Simi Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Simi Valley, CA

I have been working at Party City part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay is above minimum and the customers you get coming through are primarily women looking to shop for parties, making sure that almost everybody who walks in there is in a good mood to begin with. The management at my store are all awesome and incredibly flexible with availability, hours, and getting days off.

Cons

Worst. Music. Ever. It's all covers done by horrible imitators of the original songs. The only other complaint is that usually Party City hires outside of the company for management positions and doesn't usually hire up from within the company.

Hire from within. We know so much more about the ebb and flow and inner workings of the stores that I feel we are much better equipped with the knowledge to address issues that arise compared to those who are just coming into the company with no prior experience of working in a Party City store.

There are newer employer reviews for Party City