Party City

www.partycity.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Party City

Clear out some upper management

Current Employee - Management in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Party City full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I received excellent compensation and was able to earn a healthy bonus. Decent benefits and they have learned how to run a busy Halloween season.

Cons

Change in Upper Management has caused turmoil. Open hostility between vice president and regional people made things uncomfortable. Had a very hard time finding people who wanted to be promoted into this mess. They have also shifted towards having salaried employees do less supervisory work, something they've been successfully sued for in the past.

Change your upper management people if you are not comfortable with them. Keep politics out of the stores

464 Other Employee Reviews for Party City (View Most Recent)

Great if you like walking on others

Current Employee - Executive Assistant
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant

I have been working at Party City full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Salary can be good once you get into management but you have to push for it

Cons

Upper management are not operations oriented, they change things constantly and institute policies and procedures that are ineffective and have no real logic or purpose to them.
    In the years I have been with the company it has gotten progressively worse, you will never hear a thank you or good job only why didn't you do this or it took to long.

Hire someone who knows how to operate a retail store and take some classes on how to treat people with dignity and respect!

Fun environment to work in.

Current Employee - Team Lead I in Coral Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Team Lead I in Coral Springs, FL

I have been working at Party City (more than 3 years)

Pros

Very relaxed job, easy to get your foot in the door. They mostly only hire during Halloween for temporary and then keep a handful of people that showed potential.

Cons

Low pay. Everyone starts at minimum wage and when they give you a raise once a year its literally pennies. Last year my raise was .05 cents the year before that it was .11 cents.

Only store managers get salary. So if youre a Assistant Manager youll be paid hourly working 55 hours a week.

There are newer employer reviews for Party City