There are newer employer reviews for Party City

Great place to start

Current Employee - Cashier
Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at Party City part-time for more than a year

Pros

I worked here when I was still in school and really enjoyed it. Coworkers were nice. I enjoyed helping customers select items for parties and events.

Cons

It can go from being super busy (Halloween) to being dead (most other holidays.) The pay is not great.

Considering raising pay to keep good employees.

331 Other Employee Reviews for Party City (View Most Recent)

Pretty good if management is good

Current Employee - Sales Associate  in  Burlington, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Burlington, NJ

I have been working at Party City part-time for more than a year

Pros

It's easy work and it isn't hard to learn. Plenty of time to talk to your coworkers when its slow. Colorful store environment. Great discount.

Cons

Management can be rough when distributing hours... there were weeks where I only got scheduled for 3 hours, which ultimately lead to my leaving. Halloween time is absolute hell... store is trashed and it takes forever to clean it, lines out the door, management is frazzled, hours are long.

Invest in some loss prevention and don't schedule people for one 3 hour shift a week!

Clear out some upper management

Current Employee - Management  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Party City full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I received excellent compensation and was able to earn a healthy bonus. Decent benefits and they have learned how to run a busy Halloween season.

Cons

Change in Upper Management has caused turmoil. Open hostility between vice president and regional people made things uncomfortable. Had a very hard time finding people who wanted to be promoted into this mess. They have also shifted towards having salaried employees do less supervisory work, something they've been successfully sued for in the past.

Change your upper management people if you are not comfortable with them. Keep politics out of the stores

There are newer employer reviews for Party City

Worked for Party City? Contribute to the Community!