There are newer employer reviews for Party City

Okay place to work

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Arlington, TX
Current Employee - Sales Associate in Arlington, TX

I have been working at Party City part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best reasons would be for the people and the environment. Youre taught well, and its an okay job.

Cons

Hardly any improvement to move up in the company, not good pay, sucky hours.

Don't make decisions on things you don't know.

357 Other Employee Reviews for Party City (View Most Recent)

Party City- Meh

I have been working at Party City full-time

Pros

Whats good? Employee discount is 30%.
    You get good experience with setting planograms with constant changes every season

Cons

Whats bad? 47.5 hours per week. Working weekends. Lack of payroll hours and unattainable expectations with those hours.( I know... thats retail!) Lack of care or concern about employees or understanding of specific store issues. Management acts like every store is a cookie cutter store and there are no unique situations. Zero respect for store management and store personnel from anyone in corporate or DM level and above. It takes DAYS and sometimes weeks to get answers to basic store questions and even with personal HR related questions. Lots of chiefs but very few true leaders.

My advice to management: DM's and above- Understand your management and employees better. Being a dictator with very little advice or knowledge sharing is terrible for morale. Constantly threatening management with termination instead of getting to the heart of the real issues makes everyone uncomfortable.

To corporate: ANSWER OUR EMAILS! Takes too long to hear back from you. Stop pushing it back on us for more info. I dont have time during the day to be in the office answering emails to questions that you should be able to get the answer and solve my problem.

Dynamic and exciting organization!

Current Employee - Region Manager in East Rutherford, NJ
    Current Employee - Region Manager in East Rutherford, NJ

I have been working at Party City full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work/life balance, fair compensation, training, development opportunities, and strong senior leadership.

Cons

Minority of retail chain is franchised. In general, these locations are not operated as well as the corporate stores. This impairs the brand image.

There are newer employer reviews for Party City