Parx Casino

www.parxcasino.com

"Top profits on East Coast" to "The economy is bad and you are replaceable" in the same breath

Security Officer (Current Employee) Bensalem, PA

ProsWilling to hire unskilled workers and train them.

Many openings across different departments.

Unlikely to have the company go under in the near future.

Flexible scheduling allows for accommodating for school, other jobs, etc.

ConsRaises are given inconsistently and blind to national inflation rates.

Department-level hierarchy makes department-level disputes into predetermined outcomes. (IE, the janitor is always at fault, and deserves to be treated poorly)

Administration is filled with "pseudo-professionals," that cannot divorce decisions related to their job from their personal feelings (Office Favoritism). This affects all levels of the administration and department relations.

Not much sense of "job security."

Price-gouging employees in company-provided dining area. Food sold to employees at heavy profit.

No pay differential for late night/grave shifts.

Open 24/7, including holidays and hurricanes.

Despite the casino's constant reinforcement of it's affluence (from spending money on giant statues to openly gloating about its profits), employees propping up the company are not "riding high" along side. Dissatisfaction is typically met with a reminder that the dissatisfied employee is easily replaced.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand what compels the customer to keep spending money and apply some of those principles to the employees.

As an example, the tiered membership cards and point acquisitions through consistent playing. This allows the player to feel as though they are progressing toward rewards. That feeling of progress does not exist among employees.

A system of advancement with objective goals is satisfying, and employee satisfaction is abysmal right now.

A company starting to understand

Surveillance Agent (Current Employee) Bensalem, PA

I have been working at Parx Casino full-time for more than a year

Pros: Expansion, a lot of money, tons of departments Cons: Getting rid of old managements views on employee Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

An Absolutely Despicable Company

Player Service Representative (Former Employee) Bensalem, PA

I worked at Parx Casino full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Remarkable pay. I was able to save all of my checks in the bank and live solely off my tips. There's also room for… Cons: Kiss your family goodbye. You will not see them for the remainder of your employment. When I was hired, the VP of marketing said to… Advice to Senior Management: The share holders need to come clear house. Everyone's credentials need to be looked at. It's absolutely crucial at the lower management level. Why… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Parx Casino.

Worked for Parx Casino? Contribute to the Community!