There are newer employer reviews for Pasadena City College

Great place for experience.

Former Employee - Office Assistant  in  Pasadena, CA
Former Employee - Office Assistant in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Pasadena City College part-time for more than a year

Pros

Overal l really liked working here as a student. Had set hours and was really flexible with my hours.

Cons

The budget cuts because I lost my job after a year

11 Other Employee Reviews for Pasadena City College (View Most Recent)

This employment was definitely a laid back experience; Having even a minimal amount of competency is sufficient.

Current Employee - Office Assistant  in  Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Office Assistant in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Pasadena City College

Pros

A major benefit is definitely the incredibly flexible schedule (although that may vary depending on who manages your department). The pay is reasonable; Nothing more should be expected from a student-worker position at a college.

Cons

The downsides, (although almost every student-worker job has this downside attached to it) are that there is no possibility of career advancement and there is no chance of receiving benefits and/or a pay raise.

Delegate more responsibilities to eager and competent student workers, as well as offer incentive to better performing workers. Having a few dedicated interns per department as compared to two assistants per teacher would make sense in a financial downturn that we're currently facing.

Assisted a professor in the grading, recording, and distribution of exams.

Former Employee - Grader  in  Pasadena, CA
    Former Employee - Grader in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Pasadena City College

Pros

Hourly wage is inflated. The pay is pretty good for what is expected. Grading is straightforward and so is the program used to record scores.

Cons

Generally disorganized with employees who are slow at their jobs because they know they're safe. Some people just stop caring when they've been somewhere for too long.

There are newer employer reviews for Pasadena City College

Worked for Pasadena City College? Contribute to the Community!