Pason Systems

www.pason.com
  www.pason.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pason Systems

One of the best companies out there, with strong leaders

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)
Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Pason Systems

Pros

Great bonuses.
Minimum of 4 weeks vacation. This is above average.
Very generous company. Examples: Christmas parties are very well done, summer barbeques, paying for training courses (I’ve worked for companies who said they do, but actually didn’t), and all employees get iPads! We have pilates, yoga, and bootcamp from professional trainers throughout the year, all for free. There are also 2 small cardio gyms, a weights room and a field hockey court.
Flexible work hours.
Free parking.
Most managers care about doing the right thing. I think that all the negative comments here about management are too generalized. It is possible that there are leaders who may be guilty of some of these comments (I can’t say, because I don’t get in contact with all of them), but it would definitely not be the majority. It is unfortunate that some contained bad experiences of employees mean that the whole pool of leaders are presented in the same negative light. I’ve reported to a few different leaders at Pason in my time here, and can only say that there are some great leaders.

Cons

Limited plug-ins to keep cars warm in the winter.

40 Other Employee Reviews for Pason Systems (View Most Recent)

Great coworkers; challenging environment; excellent pay.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Pason Systems

Pros

- Great atmosphere to work in
    - Challenging environment; rewarding work
    - Fair compensation and benefits
    - Excellent work/life balance
    - Right to challenge management - in my case, with solid reasoning, management acknowledges
    - My immediate manager is A++; he listens and understands the people who do the work, and is able to reflect our progress and issues to his management using the tools that management likes to use (powerpoint slide decks, meetings, updates, estimates, politics)
    - Great BBQs and other extra activities

Cons

- Management can move slowly with decisions
    - Meetings can be shortened
    - Growth from a small company to a midsize company is a delicate process, and it is hard for any company to navigate

CEO's philosophy was great....just didnt make it down past the R&D dictatorship

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Pason Systems

Pros

It was a very open and friendly enviroment. Compensation is on the higher end and the company is very generous when it comes to time off, and supporting a work to family ratio.

Cons

Not much room for advancement. As others have said, it depends a lot on posturing and politics (which they claim they dont have). The amount of overhead the new Nortel model (what happened to Nortel again??) put the company to a halt. The remaining "doers" are slowly getting wise and leaving.

Senior Management is way too disconnected and arrogant.

There are newer employer reviews for Pason Systems