There are newer employer reviews for Pason Systems

So far, so good

I have been working at Pason Systems full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I work in the Houston office, so the working environment and culture are a bit more relaxed. From what I've seen so far, Pason and my direct manager have treated me really well. I have the work flexibility when I need it, the ability to self-direct most of my projects, great benefits, and lots of perks. Pason is very generous with its employees, which really surprises me after working for companies who were very tight with their purse strings. My team in particular places a strong emphasis on your ability to get along with others; not just your skillset. My workload is quite heavy, but my deadlines aren't that aggressive, so that keeps most of my stress in check.

Cons

I detect a slight change in the Pason culture. One reviewer stated that it was becoming a bit more political, and I sense that. I'm sure if I was in the Calgary office it would be more obvious.

Don't be so slow to change, and don't be afraid to innovate. I know this industry in particular doesn't adopt to change as quickly as it could, but let's not keep that same mind set.

39 Other Employee Reviews for Pason Systems (View Most Recent)

To "Solid company, good people"

Former Employee - Intermediate Technical Communicator in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Intermediate Technical Communicator in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Pason Systems full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work life balance, bbq lunches. Pay was ok. Worker-level people were pretty good.

Cons

To "Solid company, good people," no I don't have an "axe to grind." My goal was to merely give people information on the department and some of the things that happened there. If this information helps people make a decision on whether to work in that department or not, that's up to them. Personally, if I had read a review on the department before coming on-board, I would have declined the offer. I am not sure how long ago you worked there but things could have changed in the last year or so. When I was there, there was more than one person in the department that had issues with management. After the fact I also learned of a very high turnover rate in the department. Suddenly things started to make sense. I was told by a teammate that I just have to get used to the behavior of management and quite frankly, it was not something anyone should have to get used to. When I was hired, it was for my experience (I had been doing the job for 16 years) but when your manager tells you in a one-on one meeting that you are not allowed to have any ideas or allowed to pass on tips and pointers to my co-workers, this reinforced that this was a place I did not want to work. After less than two weeks there, the manager came to me and said they were "overly concerned" at my lack of prioritizing, yet they did not tell me to do anything but research, read and meet/talk to people (I was 95% done since we had to track every minute detail of what we did). When you leave the building every day feeling stupid and inadequate because of the actions and words of your boss, it is not a healthy place to be. I could go on and on about what happened there (there was a lot more than this) but I won't. At the end of the day, it was the worst time I have ever had on a job and the worst boss I think I will ever encounter. It was so bad I packed up my desk after three weeks and started looking elsewhere. Just food for thought for anyone that wants to read this. No axes to grind here, just some facts of what happened to me during my time there and if this makes people question things when interviewing there, then this has accomplished what it was meant to do.

Again, treat people like they are not in kindergarten and you will get a results oriented team that delivers. There are also more ways to do things than the "Pason way" that could actually work if your mind is open to them. If you are honest about questioning things, then actually let them question things. When you are told you are not allowed to have any ideas, this is a complete opposite to being able to question things.

Micro managing

Current Employee - Technical in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Technical in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Pason Systems as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Culture is great. Work life balance is great. Most people are great.

Cons

Micro managing. Status updating gets in the way of progress.

Get better status software. Excel doesn't cut it.

There are newer employer reviews for Pason Systems