So far, so good

I have been working at Pason Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work in the Houston office, so the working environment and culture are a bit more relaxed. From what I've seen so far, Pason and my direct manager have treated me really well. I have the work flexibility when I need it, the ability to self-direct most of my projects, great benefits, and lots of perks. Pason is very generous with its employees, which really surprises me after working for companies who were very tight with their purse strings. My team in particular places a strong emphasis on your ability to get along with others; not just your skillset. My workload is quite heavy, but my deadlines aren't that aggressive, so that keeps most of my stress in check.

Cons

I detect a slight change in the Pason culture. One reviewer stated that it was becoming a bit more political, and I sense that. I'm sure if I was in the Calgary office it would be more obvious.

Advice to Management

Don't be so slow to change, and don't be afraid to innovate. I know this industry in particular doesn't adopt to change as quickly as it could, but let's not keep that same mind set.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good Overall

I have been working at Pason Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good company culture
    Pay and benefits
    Company has no debt and lots of cash
    Future of industry looks bright and there are lots of opportunities to generate more revenue as technology evolves.

Cons

Canadian HQ doesn't understand US market very well. New leadership seems better on this.
    Has had several "misses" with new products and company acquisitions.
    Still learning how to do product launches / roll-outs.

Stay away from technical communications

Former Employee - Technical Communicator in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Technical Communicator in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Pason Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall it seemed like a good company to work for. The people (non-management) were great. The job wasn't difficult and the pay was ok. There seemed to be a lot of perks for the employees.

Cons

The management of the department lacks a lot to be desired. From misrepresentation in the interview (a lot that was said in the interview did not reflect reality after being hired) to being micro-managed and mentally and emotionally abused, I would steer anyone away from the department. If you are in a bind and need something take it but you need to be prepared for a micro-managing, passive aggressive and controlling manager that does not allow you to be yourself.

Advice to Management

Walk the talk and not just talk the talk. When you say that it is an obligation to question things, actually mean it.