Patagonia

www.patagonia.com
There are newer employer reviews for Patagonia

Patagonia - like camp for working adults.

Former Employee - Manager in Ventura, CA
Former Employee - Manager in Ventura, CA

I worked at Patagonia

Pros

Tremendous brand with great values - at the end of the day you feel good about supporting this brand. Fantastic people. Lots of room for entrepreneurial endeavors. Flexible schedule/hours. Wear flip flops every day to work. On site day care. Work side by side with very happy people. Great subsidized organic cafe on campus. Very little accountability (good and bad). Many business meetings turn into philosophical conversations regarding company values and commitment to the environment - I loved these unusual conceptual opportunities. Easy to take off for a bike ride, run, surf when stress hits the red zone.

Cons

Little turnover and slow growth philosophy make it challenging to move up in the company and grow professionally. Communication from Sr. Mgt in general is challenging here - not always sure what the strategic initiatives are. The last few years this has improved but managing to those initiatives has not.

Need better strategic planning process - and then communicate with the whole company.

28 Other Employee Reviews for Patagonia (View Most Recent)

A lively company, committed to core values

I worked at Patagonia full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Company culture & mission, benefits, and awesome products. I also had a great experience with management and it seems that the company really values their employees. The Ironclad Guarantee also demonstrates its commitment to its customer satisfaction. Best retail job I have ever had.

Cons

Like all retail jobs, working holidays can be a pain. If you are looking to move up into a corporate position, I have heard and seen it to be rare. It's a small company and turn-over is likely low.

Most authentic company

I have been working at Patagonia full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great exposure to product and activities. Strong sense of common goals and teamwork.

Cons

Hard to think of weaknesses. Growth is .low but methodical.

There are newer employer reviews for Patagonia