Patagonia
www.patagonia.com Ventura, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Patagonia - like camp for working adults.

Manager (Former Employee)
Ventura, CA

ProsTremendous brand with great values - at the end of the day you feel good about supporting this brand. Fantastic people. Lots of room for entrepreneurial endeavors. Flexible schedule/hours. Wear flip flops every day to work. On site day care. Work side by side with very happy people. Great subsidized organic cafe on campus. Very little accountability (good and bad). Many business meetings turn into philosophical conversations regarding company values and commitment to the environment - I loved these unusual conceptual opportunities. Easy to take off for a bike ride, run, surf when stress hits the red zone.

ConsLittle turnover and slow growth philosophy make it challenging to move up in the company and grow professionally. Communication from Sr. Mgt in general is challenging here - not always sure what the strategic initiatives are. The last few years this has improved but managing to those initiatives has not.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed better strategic planning process - and then communicate with the whole company.

A lively company, committed to core values

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Patagonia full-time for more than a year

Pros: Company culture & mission, benefits, and awesome products. I also had a great experience with management and it seems that the company… Cons: Like all retail jobs, working holidays can be a pain. If you are looking to move up into a… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Most authentic company

I have been working at Patagonia full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great exposure to product and activities. Strong sense of… Cons: Hard to think of weaknesses. Growth is .low but… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Patagonia.

Worked for Patagonia? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Patagonia reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Patagonia CEO Casey Sheahan. All reviews posted anonymously by Patagonia employees.