Patch

www.patch.com
There are newer employer reviews for Patch

It once was great

Former Employee - Editor

I worked at Patch full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

While Patch was owned by AOL, employees were given excellent benefits and competitive salaries. Working from home was also nice.

Cons

Zero work-life balance. There were no set hours, and the work was never done. Management was very inconsistent. Some managers gave the editors complete flexibility and autonomy, and others were micromanagers.

131 Other Employee Reviews for Patch (View Most Recent)

Crazy

Former Employee - Editor

I worked at Patch full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Many of my co-workers were lifelines during the constant upheaval of working at Patch.

Cons

So many to mention: top management had no clue of what was needed, necessary and viable out in the separate Patch towns. Instead of bombarding the editors with one corporate initiative after another that just caused more work but no results, why not help us do our jobs better? Hiring advertising staff might help to bring in money.

Go back to business school and learn how to run a business successfully. Don't take millions in pay unless you have good results to show for it.

It was a great place to work

Current Employee - Local Editor in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Local Editor in Boston, MA

I have been working at Patch full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You gain great experience, work from home, editors are generally appreciated by readers and community members

Cons

it was a lot of work, various requirements that sometimes seemed pointless, being on call at all hours for breaking news in your area, difficult platform to post stories littered with technical bugs

listen to the "boots on the ground" about what is working and what is not

There are newer employer reviews for Patch