Pathmark

DataEntry, Research, Proofread Advertisments

Former Employee - Electronic Payments Clerk/Proofreader in Carteret, NJ
Former Employee - Electronic Payments Clerk/Proofreader in Carteret, NJ

I worked at Pathmark

Pros

I was very lucky to have such wonderful Supervisors and Managers, very approachable and fair. I loved the culture of the office, and the people in it. You were able to apply to new positions within the company and advance yourself. It was probably the best place that I've ever worked in. If it wasn't bought by A&P and the corporate office closing.. I would still be working there.

Cons

Truthfully, for me there really weren't many cons. Maybe just that their raises were minimal.

Leadership was good. This office is now closed and I still use some of managment for referrals.

106 Other Employee Reviews for Pathmark (View Most Recent)

Great place to work up until A&P took over and change the whole company working atmosphere.

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Edison, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Edison, NJ

I have been working at Pathmark

Pros

Great Customers
    Supportive DM's (old Pathmark management)
    Family atmosphere (pre A&P)
    Advancement possibilities
    Decent pay

Cons

Senior management with no supermarket background making decisions and focusing on things that have no bearings on what the consumer wants or expects.
    No raises (4yrs)
    Poor associate morale (After A&P took over)
    Your only good as your last number. All previous years hard work, effort, and dedication means nothing to upper senior management.
    Turning managers into Puppets...slowly bleeding away any creativity and ingenuity store mangers havein their own building.
    Expecting every store to run and look the same when Pathmark has a wide variety of ethnicities and income levels.
    Labor cuts (expecting more with way less)

Stop with the million detailed implementation plans. Allow store managers to lead and direct this stores in the ways that they know how to improve the business. The "follow the plan" or else motto needs to go.
    Work on building associate morale in meaningful ways, not in the current superficial and lack luster way currently being used and failing miserably.
    Remove the noose over Store Managers and Assistants heads and make them feel appreciated for the work they do.
    Reestablish salary increases. Four years no raises is obsurd...every year expenses and cost of living is going up our paychecks should reflect that.
    No bonuses for upper senior management. Everyone should be sacrificing for the good of the company if you really care about the future and stability of a bankrupt A&P.

disappointing work environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethpage, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bethpage, NY

I worked at Pathmark

Pros

Working at Pathmark is good for an individual who requires flexibility in work hours. This makes it suitable to young people.

Cons

The downsides to working at Pathmark are the lack of mobility within the company. The compensation is also terrible for the amount of sales they do.

There are newer employer reviews for Pathmark