There are newer employer reviews for Patterson Companies

So so experience, poor communication at senior management level

Former Employee - Sales Representative
Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Patterson Companies

Pros

Good Salary & Comission Package. Management at the district level was fair and worked well as a team. Nice people overall.

Cons

Poor communication between Senior and Mid Level Management. Led to finger pointing and poor experience of how a workplace should function.

Advice to Management

Be quicker to make decisions and not pawn off responsibilities to others to wash your hands clean of the situation.

reviews filtered by

Great company to work for..

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative

I have been working at Patterson Companies

Pros

Great comapny strucutre and support

Cons

The amount of travel and the amount of the quaterly sales goals were overstated

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and continue to support company growth

Refreshing work-life balance

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mendota Heights, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mendota Heights, MN

I worked at Patterson Companies

Pros

I came into the role with an educational background, though little professional experience. I found the team to be supportive, encouraging and willing to train. I learned a lot about the industry and was encouraged to shadow in other areas to look for advancement opportunities.

I also liked that there was an exercise facility that team members were encouraged to use, an adjacent walking path and year round playful activities like grill parties in the summer, baseball-themed contests, indoor mini golf course contest (through the VP offices) and charity raffles around the holidays. I appreciated being able to participate in community involvement efforts.

Cons

I've never worked in an environment with so few outgoing people. It was awkward to walk down a hallway and the passers wouldnt say 'Good Morning', 'Hello' or even make eye contact.

Mid-level managers were visible and engaged, but there were many layers and the higher managers were in the same building but not available/accessible to the regular staff.

Advice to Management

Be present.

There are newer employer reviews for Patterson Companies