PayPal

On track, still growing

Current Employee - Director in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Director in San Jose, CA

I have been working at PayPal

Pros

PayPal is full of great people: smart, pleasant, interesting, diverse, hip, considerate. Some of the best people I've worked with in my career. Truly some of the best in Silicon Valley. It's also a fast-growing business, which presents all sorts of opportunity from a career standpoint, and which is exciting to be part of. Finally, it's a brand that is loved by many - by buyers at least ;) - I can't tell you how often people say "I love PayPal" when I tell them I work there.

Cons

Still a company in its adolescence, there are growing pains, infrastructure, training, etc. could be improved. Also, there's no stock appreciation because it's so tied to eBay.

On the right track, stay focused

810 Other Employee Reviews for PayPal (View Most Recent)

Treat people with fairness. You laid-off some very hard working innocent people as your VP gave you wrong data

Current Employee - Engineering Director in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering Director in San Jose, CA

I have been working at PayPal

Pros

to learn how to be political and loose your ethics

Cons

directors/VP's sucks....only believe in relationships but their own personal life is screwed up

Don't listen to your VP's and directors...go down to Senior/Line manager for correct information for all the technology groups

Used to be great, now just okay.

Former Employee - Product Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at PayPal

Pros

Used to have great people, interesting products. However, the heady days of PayPal have started to fade, now that eBay has put its stamp. The products are still fairly interesting, but people have settled into a vest and rest mentality. Management has become scattered and left for greener pastures. PayPal is still the profit center of eBay and thus will always be decently well-resourced, but you can probably find more interesting internet and payment companies to work for.

Cons

More bureaucracy, slow product cycle, less impressive employees than the rockstars that used to work there. Still decent for a large internet company however.

Trim staff 30%!