There are newer employer reviews for PayPal

On track, still growing

Current Employee - Director  in  San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Director in San Jose, CA

I have been working at PayPal

Pros

PayPal is full of great people: smart, pleasant, interesting, diverse, hip, considerate. Some of the best people I've worked with in my career. Truly some of the best in Silicon Valley. It's also a fast-growing business, which presents all sorts of opportunity from a career standpoint, and which is exciting to be part of. Finally, it's a brand that is loved by many - by buyers at least ;) - I can't tell you how often people say "I love PayPal" when I tell them I work there.

Cons

Still a company in its adolescence, there are growing pains, infrastructure, training, etc. could be improved. Also, there's no stock appreciation because it's so tied to eBay.

On the right track, stay focused

750 Other Employee Reviews for PayPal (View Most Recent)

PayPal work culture

Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at PayPal

Pros

PayPal is filled with very energetic people who make good company. There are highly qualified people who seem to be eager to make a difference. There is abundant work for people who actually want to work. Lately, you can see most of the engineering jobs moving offshore or to other US locations. It is a great place to work for anyone who wants or who is extremely good navigating highly political environment.

Cons

Unfair practices for promotion determination, kiss-ass work ethics, lip service to work-life balance.

Stop taking care of yourself, take care of your people and LEAD truly.

Treat people with fairness. You laid-off some very hard working innocent people as your VP gave you wrong data

Current Employee - Engineering Director  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering Director in San Jose, CA

I have been working at PayPal

Pros

to learn how to be political and loose your ethics

Cons

directors/VP's sucks....only believe in relationships but their own personal life is screwed up

Don't listen to your VP's and directors...go down to Senior/Line manager for correct information for all the technology groups

There are newer employer reviews for PayPal

Worked for PayPal? Contribute to the Community!