PayPal
www.paypal.com San Jose, CA 5000+ Employees

eBay's rich banker cousin is sorta cool, but he's not for everyone.

Product Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

ProsIt's the growth engine for eBay and there's a lot of investment from the execs in growing PayPal even faster and making it stronger. PayPal's in a very dominant position in the online payments industry, which is definitely a plus. There's also a lot of cool projects for products in mobile, developing countries, microfinance, etc.

The people are smart and motivated, and they have some of the eBay friendliness to them. I found everyone to be very helpful and open when I requested their time to get input on products I was researching.

The benefits are great, even pet insurance. I rode the CalTrain down from SF and they subsidized that and picked everyone up with shuttles.

ConsIt's in San Jose. It's nice for some people but not for me. For my personal life i wanted to live in SF, and that meant a 2 hr commute each day on the Caltrain, or i could have done the 101.

It's a big organization. If you're used to getting things down quickly with little overhead then this place can be stifling. There are many layers of management to get through to get anything done.

Finally, it's a bank. When you boil things down that's what it is. So from a culture standpoint it's a bit confusing. People are friendly but not that fun (like their eBay counterparts).

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on User Experience

One of the best companies in Silicon Valley

San Jose, CA

I have been working at PayPal

Pros: The people are really for the most part quite nice and very smart. I think that PayPal is just… Cons: The Development cycle is extremely long. Advice to Senior Management: Be more transparent with your teams. Trust and empower your… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

More Concern for Customers Less Concern for Turf of Management would benefit PayPal

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
    Omaha, NE

I have been working at PayPal

Pros: The "Workers" at PayPal are awesome, want to do the right things for the customers,… Cons: Leadership, PRIMARILY in Omaha (JN) aren more concerned about thier "turf" than about doing the right thing for the… Advice to Senior Management: Worry more about doing the right thing than pushing crap code in order to do things quickly. … More
There are newer reviews on PayPal.

Worked for PayPal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PayPal reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PayPal CEO John Donahoe. All reviews posted anonymously by PayPal employees.