PayPal
www.paypal.com San Jose, CA 5000+ Employees

There's some good, some bad, and some very bad.

Senior Product Manager (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

I have been working at PayPal full-time for more than 3 years

ProsStrategic position in the industry, doesn't take much to reap the benefits. Can be very nimble, innovative, and productive, IF you're in the right group. Flexibility in hours and they just took down the cubicle walls.

ConsImagine how much the company can accomplish if it actually makes the whole company nimble, innovative, and productive. Too much politics, too many useless and "talk only" middle managers. Some managers are tacticians and good implementers, but are also brutal and warlord-like, stifle creativity and plays cronyism; hire and promote "their own kind".

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the halls, talk to all levels of employees. Some of your VPs and Directors are slowly but surely ruining things and driving out smart people.

Neutral

Leader (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

I worked at PayPal full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Generally collaborative culture. Focused direction improving with new management.… Cons: Business skills among decision-makers is not what it should be. Accountability systems not in place, so promotions and advancement are largely… Advice to Senior Management: Strengthen the value to consumers. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Fast growing company with a lot of improvement initiatives

I have been working at PayPal

Pros: Fast pace, high energy company Cons: A lot of moving parts happening at the same time… Advice to Senior Management: Invest more in employee to keep the talents Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on PayPal.

Worked for PayPal? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at PayPal reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for PayPal CEO David Marcus. All reviews posted anonymously by PayPal employees.