There are newer employer reviews for PayPal

You actually feel like working more in the environment

Current Employee - Intern Graduate Student in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Intern Graduate Student in San Jose, CA

I have been working at PayPal as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

People here are very helpful. I'm an intern but I sit among Directors and Project Managers. They themselves explain each and every detail of the company. The show a lot of interest in new employee. I always get a chance to express my thoughts and all the team members along with managers consider and discuss over these thoughts. Also, there are lots of meetings so that you get into sync with the work of rest of the teams. Also, there is no restriction on your attire. You can wear anything comfortable. The job is performance oriented. As long as you are delivering, you are good.

Cons

I really didn't find any cons yet. So as per my views, I really enjoy working in PayPal. One thing, you should be workaholic to capture the pace at which company is running.

771 Other Employee Reviews for PayPal (View Most Recent)

extremely weak management and subsurvient culture

I have been working at PayPal full-time (more than an year)

Pros

the eBay stock is doing well, so people with unvested equity tend to wait for vesting, but the morale seems very low and many people are looking for other jobs

Cons

extremely week middle management and subserviant culture

Novel idea: promote for merrit. now the culture is way too political and promotions go to folks who rarely deserve them

a good place to make a living, don't expect any meaningful advancement opportunities

Current Employee - Fraud Analyst in Lavista, NE
    Current Employee - Fraud Analyst in Lavista, NE

I have been working at PayPal full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, different shifts available, the work is relatively easy but can quickly become 'mindnumbingly' routine.

Cons

lack of opportunities to be upwardly mobile. when a job posting comes out, you are competing against at least 10-15 people (sometimes as many as 30-40 people) because many tenured people are desperate to move up. final decisions on candidates seem to be based on who you know, not education or experience. many quality people have left the company because they just can't get ahead.

value your employees, not just because it increases your bottom line, but because it is the right thing to do. look at your pay scale and be more generous with compensation-this is a million/billion dollar company but you cry 'poor mouth' whenever employees ask for more than a 3% raise. take a hard honest look at your supervisors-some of them have no business managing people.

There are newer employer reviews for PayPal