There are newer employer reviews for PayPal

Good Place to work and progress in your career

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Jose, CA
Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Jose, CA

I have been working at PayPal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

its very competitive environment with good forward progression your career. Payscale is good

Cons

pretty lethargic people and work environment is moving agile which people are not that comfortable with

771 Other Employee Reviews for PayPal (View Most Recent)

Love the people

I have been working at PayPal full-time

Pros

The company is beginning to create a new vision under David Marcus. There is a great belief among the people that we can actually do what we are dreaming.

Cons

This is a big time of change, a lot of pain... but again we have to go through it to see future benefit.

It was a great company to work for in the first few years.

I have been working at PayPal full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people I worked with were great. We had were all focused on hitting our goals and making our deportment great. The management truly believed the values that were set by the president. Great work/life balance. You felt like you working for a very unique company. PayPal management would recognize that their best assets was the people that worked for them. They promoted with in and didn't what other companies did.

Cons

Brought in outside management that could only manage by assigning a number on a task. Decrease pay and shares of stock given to employees, but increased managers pay. PayPal does not care about employees input because "the staff" can be replaced. They are also starting to outsource more positions. Managers always hiring their friend to come to work in other management positions instead of looking inside the company.

Upper management should actually speak wight he employees instead of listening to the middle management staff. Which there is way too much of!!! No one can make a decision.

There are newer employer reviews for PayPal