PayPal

There are newer employer reviews for PayPal

Opportunities at PayPal

Former Contractor - Product Management Intern in Timonium, MD
Former Contractor - Product Management Intern in Timonium, MD

I worked at PayPal as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They allowed me to gain experience in the product management field, where I truly felt I was valued. Contributed real data and analysis, and could speak up in meetings.

Cons

Not many, other than there are not a lot of openings for contracting interns to be hired full-time afterwards.

924 Other Employee Reviews for PayPal (View Most Recent)

Hands down best company to work for.

Former Employee - Disputes and Claims Specialist in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Disputes and Claims Specialist in Chandler, AZ

I worked at PayPal full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Always fun, great incentives, there's always something to do, environment is always changing, the company actually CARES about its employees.

Cons

The downside is they don't have a call center where I live but all in all I don't find anything wrong with the company.

A downright toxic work environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at PayPal full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedules
    Working with some of the best talent in the industry

Cons

Top down management style (explained below)

What the new senior management has been doing as part of a drive to redesign the company is to eliminate certain units, redesign some and grow a chosen few. The method of implementation however has not been to layoff employees, but it has been to create a very hostile work environment in specific groups and departments to encourage attrition. And in some cases where individuals do not leave in a few months - as a last resort, some employees get specifically targeted at each level where in a situation would be created for them that pushes them to leave. They would find themselves in a situation where a new construct requires a different skill set. Or their existing jobs may suddenly require them to work in a different location owing to a new drive in which every member of a single functional unit is to be sitting in the same office. Hence they would either end up in a situation in which they may be fired by finding some excuses for poor performance, or they get fed up and leave on their own if they act first.

What is also unfortunate is in such a environment, nepotism, racism and favoritism tends be very rampant as everyone tries to save their own skin

Change your management style - this may be one of the world's biggest startups, but it may still need a method that is different from an emerging startup of less than a 1000 employees. The company's reputation may only get more damaged in this way.

There are newer employer reviews for PayPal