There are newer employer reviews for PayPal

Global opportunities are aplenty if you're willing to relocate.

Current Employee - Content
Current Employee - Content

I have been working at PayPal full-time

Pros

Opportunities to work with incredibly smart people from across the world, casual and friendly environment, telecommuting, training and conferences.

Cons

Depending on your role and/ or project team, it may not be so easy and quick to make things happen. Many tools and processes are still not standardized across the organization, resulting in less than optimal experience for both employees and customers.

771 Other Employee Reviews for PayPal (View Most Recent)

Great place to work in.

Current Employee - Risk Analyst
    Current Employee - Risk Analyst

I have been working at PayPal full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

PayPal is filled with bright, creative people. Genuine thought & care is invested in the well being of employees, and the company values are reflected in day to day work.

Cons

Many times creativity is slowed down due to complex collaboration, multiple partners with different priorities and goals, and changes in priorities. Not an easy field to play

A well equipped ship that completely depends on how you steer it.

Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer I in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at PayPal full-time (more than an year)

Pros

1. It depends mostly on teams. I'm lucky to find a nice team and manager who is very supportive and always gives me tons of opportunities to explore. Enough freedom to play around with things that are new to me.
    2. The mixed crowd and the cosmopolitan culture. You don't feel like you've landed up in Mars. Big up to Bangalore for that.

Cons

Mix of good and bad apples in every team but that is common everywhere I guess. More Hackathons to inspire the culture of innovation (Not that they don't happen but should happen more frequently). More interaction between different teams[I don't know many of the folks in office :( ].
    Need a gym in the Bangalore office.

Organize more tech events like hackathons and bring more incentives for activities outside the regular business requirements. That's the only way we can keep learning new stuff on the job!

There are newer employer reviews for PayPal