PayScale

www.payscale.com
There are newer employer reviews for PayScale

Great Start-Up

Current Employee - Account Executive in Seattle, WA

I have been working at PayScale full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

* Company culture is great. They have monthly quota clubs, presidents club, etc..
* Pay is great. You must understand that NO COMPANY is going to pay for under performing. But unlike other companies PayScale OVERPAYS for over performing. There is money to make if you're willing to do what is necessary......your job!
* After work for other organization, I realized that the Executive staff has a solid business plan and actually knows what they are doing. Excellent growth, great product, great people.

Cons

* It's a start up and some of the process could be polished a bit but that with any start-up
* There should be more collaboration between development dept. and the AE's/ Sales Managers. The sales team has a good understanding of some of the enhancements that could be made to the product to close more business.

32 Other Employee Reviews for PayScale (View Most Recent)

Big opportunities for those who are willing to work for them!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at PayScale

Pros

I've worked for this company for a couple years and am surprised to see some of the negative reviews posted here. I have received nothing but support from the upper management, and also have been able to earn a great living and have a better lifestyle than any I could have expected at my age (mid twenties). This company requires hard work, but there is huge reward for good performance. Some of the other reviews talk about turnover, and like any company that has a sales team, there is some turnover. However, the management staff is very fair and very clear about expectations. In my experience, the people who have left have been very set in their "selling" ways, and not willing to take advice from their peers when their tactics don't work, or they are the type of person who spends the day on Facebook or some other personal business and then hopes to have a sale land in their lap. The last thing I would say is that the people at this company are really wonderful. We regularly go out for happy hours, we've gone to Mariner's & Seahawks games, as well as a number of random fun activities (whirleyball, curling, etc.). Overall, I feel lucky to work for a company that has been willing to invest in me as much as they have.

Cons

The company is a "start up", and sometimes you have to be willing to go with the flow. There isn't always perfect structure to all processes.

Great Sales Experience

I have been working at PayScale

Pros

The Sales Managers really take the time to invest in their Account Executives, and it shows. The AEs who don't make it are likely not cut out for sales in general, or are used to a more transactional type of sale (one call close) and unable to adapt to our unique product and sales process. The ones who succeed are rewarded by recognition from peers and management, but more importantly (to me) with cash. There are no caps on commissions, quarterly bonuses, and there's a year-end bonus as well. Management's philosophy is to overpay for overperformance, which is something I've really appreciated during my tenure. It's a fun place to work with a great team atmosphere.

Cons

It is a small/mid-sized company, so there is not a clear cut process for every situation. You have to be willing to take extra time to learn the product and troubleshoot out on your own, and know when to lean on your manager for guidance.

Help sales be more effective by providing them with up-to-date marketing material

There are newer employer reviews for PayScale