PayScale

www.payscale.com

Long time employee, still extremely satisified

Senior Program Manager (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsI started at PayScale as a naive 24 year old with little-to-no related job experience, but the team recognized that I had potential (and, I hope I've realized some of what they saw). I've been continually handed more responsibility and control of our products and my destiny here. It's been a hell-of-a-ride, and I'm still looking forward to what we're working on.

Our product teams have been very lean for a long time, so we're very focused on what we're working on, and everyone on the team makes a big impact.

The culture combined with the work-life balance here is unparalleled. We work hard for 8 or 9 hours a day, then go home. We work on nights and weekends when necessary, but for the most part, that's only necessary in very extreme circumstances (site is crashing). Some of my coworkers have become some of my best friends.

Office location is amazing. Pioneer Square is totally ideal for small companies. It's the transportation hub of Seattle: buses, ferries, trains, bikes... it's really easy to get to. Some of the newest and best restaurants are popping up around us. Also, all the food of the ID/Chinatown -- so good.

ConsWe've been very lean for a long time -- so sometimes you're so busy it's hard to step back and view certain aspects from the high-level.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest more in the technology team.

Worked at PayScale for 1.5 years

Account Executive (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

I worked at PayScale full-time for more than a year

Pros: PayScale has a great culture. The training is much improved. You are selling a product that is a bit of a standalone and the development… Cons: I would not recommend this job for a long time sales rep looking to really blossom. This is a great company for young go getters… Advice to Senior Management: Promote more internal communication. Since sales is about finding your rhythm, make sure you are providing the environment to get full potential out of all… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Avoid Sales

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at PayScale full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Good location, can walk everywhere. Cons: Some of the worst sales management I have ever seen or even heard of. Teams work in silo's, dont' share training, ideas or even… Advice to Senior Management: Instead of trying to be everyone's buddy that you go… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on PayScale.

Worked for PayScale? Contribute to the Community!