There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

Best work experience I have ever had.

Current Employee - Human Resource Generalist  in  Fort Myers, FL
Current Employee - Human Resource Generalist in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Paychex

Pros

Professional treatment of employees, Amazing training programs and wonderful management support. My supervisor LISTENS to what I say and acts on it to improve the overall employment experience. The benefits are great and the pay is comparable in the market.

Cons

Being a big company, there can be some bureaucratic frustrations. Some divisions/departments are better run than others. If you are a self-starter, you will do fine.

Keep doing what you are doing.

632 Other Employee Reviews for Paychex (View Most Recent)

Management is incompetent. Mission statement a joke.

Current Employee - 401k Operations  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - 401k Operations in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Paychex

Pros

Benefits are pretty decent. I don't have a set schedule & I can flex my time out. That's about it.

Cons

Supervisors and management are highly incompetent. They are unable to see the big picture & make choices without thinking of the outcome. Show EXTREME favoritism towards certain employees. Whenever you show even a remote different point of view you're told you're being too negative and not being a team player. They say they welcome change & diversity but ignore requests on how to better known system issues. The mission statement says they value high ethics but its not practiced. On a daily basis I find a horrendous lack of ethics by sales reps. But they can get away with murder because they make is the revenue. It makes me sick.

Annual reviews are a JOKE. Raises over 3% are only given to the supervisors pets when its not justified. Knowledge isn't praised. Your ability to agree with everything is however.

Evaluate your entire staff and not just listen but take action. Don't make high impacting decisions without thinking through potential issues. Live ethically don't just say it.

OK Place to work

Current Employee - IT Operations Center Technician I  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - IT Operations Center Technician I in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Paychex

Pros

Some great people to work with. Training is offered. Good benefits if hired on, Have a Job to go to everyday with out a layoff. Over all Just OK

Cons

Snobby people most of the time. Training offered but when help is needed people run the other way. Internal Service desk gets called first on issues but notified last on them. Callers are demanding and way too pushy because most of them are sales people. No room to move up. 2nd level support understaffed and take to long to get back to people.

There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

Worked for Paychex? Contribute to the Community!