Paychex

www.paychex.com
  www.paychex.com
There are newer employer reviews for Paychex

Best work experience I have ever had.

Current Employee - Human Resource Generalist in Fort Myers, FL
Current Employee - Human Resource Generalist in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Paychex

Pros

Professional treatment of employees, Amazing training programs and wonderful management support. My supervisor LISTENS to what I say and acts on it to improve the overall employment experience. The benefits are great and the pay is comparable in the market.

Cons

Being a big company, there can be some bureaucratic frustrations. Some divisions/departments are better run than others. If you are a self-starter, you will do fine.

Keep doing what you are doing.

690 Other Employee Reviews for Paychex (View Most Recent)

Management is incompetent. Mission statement a joke.

Current Employee - 401k Operations in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - 401k Operations in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Paychex

Pros

Benefits are pretty decent. I don't have a set schedule & I can flex my time out. That's about it.

Cons

Supervisors and management are highly incompetent. They are unable to see the big picture & make choices without thinking of the outcome. Show EXTREME favoritism towards certain employees. Whenever you show even a remote different point of view you're told you're being too negative and not being a team player. They say they welcome change & diversity but ignore requests on how to better known system issues. The mission statement says they value high ethics but its not practiced. On a daily basis I find a horrendous lack of ethics by sales reps. But they can get away with murder because they make is the revenue. It makes me sick.

Annual reviews are a JOKE. Raises over 3% are only given to the supervisors pets when its not justified. Knowledge isn't praised. Your ability to agree with everything is however.

Evaluate your entire staff and not just listen but take action. Don't make high impacting decisions without thinking through potential issues. Live ethically don't just say it.

Great learning experience

Former Employee - Agency Support Specialist in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Agency Support Specialist in Rochester, NY

I worked at Paychex

Pros

Stability - no layoffs in company history
    Opportunity for growth and promotions
    Good benefits
    Lots of opportunities to learn
    can earn raises

Cons

Horrible pay - well below any other corporate environment worked in
    Management is comfortable and stagnant
    A little too big

If you were willing to pay a little more, you could potentially avoid the high turnover and reduce training costs.

There are newer employer reviews for Paychex